Not good for minority rights?

If they are indeed being beaten because they are goth or emo, or fat or ginger as per Chopper's comment, that does qualify as a hate crime in my book.

Raging_Bulls":16rv1bpk said:
If they are indeed being beaten because they are goth or emo, or fat or ginger as per Chopper's comment, that does qualify as a hate crime in my book.
And how is a hate crime different to a similar, non hate crime?

It's ridiculous. Muggers target little old ladies for their pension money because 18 stone skinheads aren't ich an easy target, but that doesn't make it ageist.

And what difference does it make anyway? Murder or rob someone and it's the same crime regardless of who they are. Why should I be treated less favourably as a victim because I'm not a goth? Why should someone who assaults me get a shorter sentence than a scumbag who assaults someone because they're from Poland?

As usual in this timid society of weaklings minorities are getting all the attention while the majority in society are left to fend for themselves.

It is not a case of being easy on the criminals who target people for reasons other than their having a particular background or belonging to an identifiable group, by choice or otherwise.

There is no excuse for picking in anyone for any reason, but to prevent systematic persecution of any identifiable group the fact it happens needs to acknowledged.

If my wife or daughter wears a mini skirt I don't expect any attention they did not invite. There is a line.

If my son wears eye shadow and nail varnish he is not a free for all for attack and assault.

Personally I have been chased merely for being a hippie.

It bummed me out man.

Right on brother :LOL:

I remember in the late 70's and at secondary school when the rise of the nf was on the cards particulary with the football culture and the likes of the icf

we had a number of ethnic minorities within our school but back then we did'n see the colour as such but more my mate at school so when the nf started trying to recruit from the schools..like so many schools a number of us got together..well not the anti facist league but more of a bugger off your not wanted here and we made it as a school a very loud message that we are together and all the same

long winded i know

but now people don't want to be equal, or the same..they want to be "special" different, a snowflake with every facet different from another

so I often find myself wondering why we ever bothered before

People can't complain about the communities today if in some peoples mind their community is a community of 1

you have to put in a little if you want a little back

unfortunately we live in a society where if you don't fit into the "norm" you become a target.
no one has the right to treat anyone badly, just because they don't fit in.
the people who perpetrate hate crimes should be treated with the same contempt they have towards their targets.
there should be no tolerance to any type of criminal.

Back