rapha sky team kit

Cashing in on a grand scale, well done Rapha.

I bet their sales in London will go through the roof ;)

£15 for a pair of socks? I don't think so.

Sky/Rapha hardly have the monopoly on massive-money team kit, Garmin-Sharp want £140 for a pair of shorts too. Although that's actually cheaper than the RRP for the same shorts unbranded (£175).

Pro kit if you're not a pro is just wrong however much it costs, though.

Also Rapha's always had £140 jerseys in its range, so I'm not sure it's "cashing in" as such ;)

MikeD":jwcsq4j6 said:
Also Rapha's always had £140 jerseys in its range, so I'm not sure it's "cashing in" as such ;)

Yes, expensive clothing company in expensive clothing range shocker...

However, there is a shocker (unless you already knew this yesterday with a cursory look at the Rapha site), they do a 'replica' and 'supporter' range of jerseys for £75 and £40 quid respectively, which for Rapha, is quite a lot less than their normal clothing.

I suspect this is to keep the fans and the team happy - not sure how the kit would compare to their usual items but they would be ignoring a massive sales opportunity and doing a bit of a PR own goal without it.

An interesting fact is that the new actual team kit is specifically tailored to each rider to such a tight tolerance that they have to use a special 'low-fat-spread' type substance to put the clothes on.

They call it 'margarine gains'.

I'll get me coat.

MikeD":3hpdjq36 said:

Ahh but that was for people who chose to buy Rapha. Now, if you wish to emulate your heroes on two wheels, you have to stump up £140 for the jersey that Wiggo wears.

All of that said, I don't wear Rapha and I don't wear team kit, so it makes no difference to me.

Back