rapha sky team kit

was also looking for some Sky gear, as "our" Bernhard Eisel got, but price tag keeps me of.

on the other hand that Sky Rapha gear is not to expensive, look at the ASSOS stuff :shock:

Having recently seen first hand how a lot of team kits are made and where, my previously held opinion of 'how much?!', now sounds more like, I can't believe they can sell them at a profit for what they charge.

The ones made in Italy are incredibly labour intensive and 'hand made'.

Everything from the making of the actual material being woven in house! to the making by hand of the screens for printing to the sewing together by skilled machinists and the cutting loose strands off by hand genuinely blew me away.

Images of cheap printing onto cheap fabrics were utterly wrong pre-conceptions.

This Rapha kit is no different. in fact, more so.

A nice Rapha jersey is something I've always promised myself as they are lovely.

However no matter how much I trawl Ebay etc I still can't find one I consider affordable.

DA-EVO":2w9b1037 said:
MikeD":2w9b1037 said:
Also Rapha's always had £140 jerseys in its range, so I'm not sure it's "cashing in" as such ;)

Yes, expensive clothing company in expensive clothing range shocker...

However, there is a shocker (unless you already knew this yesterday with a cursory look at the Rapha site), they do a 'replica' and 'supporter' range of jerseys for £75 and £40 quid respectively, which for Rapha, is quite a lot less than their normal clothing.

I suspect this is to keep the fans and the team happy - not sure how the kit would compare to their usual items but they would be ignoring a massive sales opportunity and doing a bit of a PR own goal without it.

40 quid for the "supporter" jersey compares pretty well with some of the club jerseys I've purchased in the past via the likes of Endura, especially given that Rapha prices are normally through the roof. Not that I'd ever buy any Rapha kit on principle as I find their whole image/marketing blurb a wee bit pretentious. Click here for an antidote:

http://internationale.teamjva.com/

:)

David

Back