ebay set to ban negative feedback by sellers.

Never understood why they just don't ban anyone from leaving feedback for a seller until the seller has left feedback for a buyer. As a buyer my role is done once the paypal payment reaches their account, hence I should get feedback the moment that is done rather than once the seller has seen that I've left him pos feedback.

I know that there are arsey buyers out there who ask for the moon on a stick, but in my view there are far more arsey sellers who can't be bothered to leave feedback and use it as a weapon to cover up their short-comings.

Case in point is Dave Hindes ebay account where their response to shite service is 'f*ck it, leave negative, it doesn't touch my ratings as I have 15000, but it'll screw your's up no end when I neg you as you've only got 100'

Thing is, as everyone knows the whole feedback system is flawed - most are so afraid of getting negative feedback that they never leave it themselves. Especially those who's main business is selling on ebay rather than buying.

Now though any buyer can change his mind on a purchase or f*** the seller around with the threat of leaving neg' FB and no worry about getting the same back.

They have just made a bad system worse...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
pete_mcc":6k4mnz26 said:
As a buyer my role is done once the paypal payment reaches their account, hence I should get feedback the moment that is done rather than once the seller has seen that I've left him pos feedback.

I run an ebay store for my workplace and to be honest its automated that we leave feedback after the buyer has left feedback, this way we know they have recieved an item in good condition and in good time. If an item is faulty or unsuitable they can contact us and it gives us chance to rectify the problem and gives the buyer a chance to leave feedback based on the whole transaction - that includes after service.

The buyers role ends when they are happy with a transaction, they have to see the item 1st hand to know that, if they aint happy - then the transaction is not over until they are happy. once they are happy - we are happy :)

IMO most normal ebayers are good and understand why we do this.

Sometimes we get a neg feedback, we ask what went wrong and if we can rectify the problem, in some cases careless postal workers have damaged stuff - not our fault but thats not how ebay-buyers see it :roll: , we sort out the problem then they can cancel the feedback they left.

It is just as much a sellers right to leave whatever feedback they want based on the whole transaction as much as the buyers.

RBG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
And about time too, Maybe this will shake up some of the poor sellers and there bad attitudes towards customer service!!!

i've had a couple of chats about this with my boss since we started getting rid of old stuff on evil bay. and bear in mind this is 1 shop doing maybe 10 or so items a week.

i prefer to leave feedback when the customer has paid mainly because i feel i'm marking them on the speed of their payment and there general attitude and communication, and i know that what i send will be ok because i pack it carefully and always dispatch asap and let the buyer know when they should have it, also i make sure i mention any marks etc, that way i should get good feedback in return but usually i have found that people contact us before they leave feedback to sort out any problems.

on the other hand (my bosses) he wants to wait for the buyer to leave feed back so if they give negative so can he.

i feel that his way is tit for tat and if they get good feedback straight away they're more inclined to leave you good feedback even if you missed a scratch in the discription or whatever. it gives you a chance to sort things out without threatning dodgy feedback coz lets face it, if you give dodgy feed back or recieve it the thought of dealing with that person whether your selling or buying can be quite annoying or frustating, if they think you're a good bloke but have made a mistake they're more likely to phone up and say, hey, can we sort something out? with a good attitude, and i'd always rather deal with a good attitude than an arsey tossbag! :D

only problem with my way is sometimes you have to email someone to remind them to leave feedback! mainly beacuse they've legged it into the garage/shed to fit parts and ride what we've sent and forgotten about feedback! :roll:

Back