Anyone ever lowered their car?.....

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
Right, as per title really!......once jacked up and wheel removed how easy is it to replace suspension springs on a car?.....simples!.... :D

I will elaborate a little, I've just landed on a 2004 3.0 v6 x type jag.....40000 miles with a full jag history......I got it for buttons and fancy tastefully modding the suspension to drop it on its 18" wheels!..... Midlife crisis onset ?....I 'dunno!....anyway.....it would appear on the face of it fairly simple. New springs compatible with oe shocks, few spanners, job done!.....we be like Ali g at the next lodge meeting!.....is it really that simple or am I missing something here?......does anyone really know what they are doing?.... :D

feetabix":gnzsa05z said:
I will elaborate a little, I've just landed on a 2004 3.0 v6 x type jag.....40000 miles with a full jag history......I got it for buttons and fancy tastefully modding the suspension to drop it on its 18" wheels!..... Midlife crisis onset ?....I 'dunno!....anyway.....it would appear on the face of it fairly simple. New springs compatible with oe shocks, few spanners, job done!.....we be like Ali g at the next lodge meeting!.....is it really that simple or am I missing something here?......does anyone really know what they are doing?.... :D

I don't know the suspension layout on that sort of car but you may well need spring compressors to complete it safely.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
get 3 fat friends to ride around with you? That should see it drop an inch or two

Yes, I thought so......other than that is it as simple as it would seem?....would oe shocks suffer from running 30mm further compressed all the time?.....will wheel camber change to the point of being a problem?.... :D

Mundane

index.43.gif

index.44.gif

Jag (4x4)

2001.11.9_sus_Jaguar_XType3.0SE.JPG

Back