97 Dagger elite taperwall hardtail rebuild

daggerdave

Dirt Disciple
Greetings all. This is Dagger Easton elite hardtail rebuild that I am currently restoring.
I came to this site when I was doing a search for Dagger decals when I stumbled across beep beeps gorgeous Dagger FS project.

I built this bike up in 97 as a state of the art NORBA CC racer. She comes in at just under 20 lbs and is a kick in the arse to throw around.

In 97-98 I emigrated to Australia and she developed a lil corrosion problem. After 2003 she was put into storage and not ridden at all. Since then I have returned to the states and decided to restore her. special thanks to Beep Beep and Gil M for they're help with this project. as I am stoked to get her back on the dirt.

The rebuild will consist of all the orignal build parts which are a mix of Japanese, French, German, Canadien and American parts including a White bros SC-90 mm travel fork ( it was considered for downhill at the time) LOL

The frame is currently being powderoated Alien metallic silver and I should have her ready to go by the end of march. I will be sure to post the finished rebuild :D :D

Oh and beep beep that UCK YOU ALL is for you....just joshing mate ! Just a side note; The dagger boys were handing out these F%%% you all stickers at Interbike when it used to be held in Anaheim at the staples center.... It gives you an idea of Daggers cheeky attitude, They were a fun bunch of blokes.

Attachments

• dagger 001.jpg
    dagger 001.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,478
  • dagger 010.jpg
    dagger 010.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,478
  • dagger 006.jpg
    dagger 006.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,478
  • dagger 004.jpg
    dagger 004.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,451
Jah mon. Dagger Dan Glimm really knew how to weld em, as he came from the pharmacuetical fabrication industry. You have quite an impressive collection.... I used to have a Yokota back in the day, but don't remember the model.. dagger lives ! :cool: :LOL:

Welcome onboard Dave! Nice to have another Dagger brother in the house! :p

She's looking sweet but I see you've got almost exactly the same issues with corrosion as I had on my '98. Bit of wet and dry'll sort that out!
Looking forward to seeing it after the powdercoat - I'll have to draw up some "uck You ALL" decals for us both!! :LOL:

Catch ya later Soren de Keister! ;) :LOL:

Dagger finish issues

Thanks Beep ! Yes, as I think we spoke about before. The only issues I ever had with Dan were the finishes he put on his bikes. :(

they're are some great projects on this site, and its great to see. I only wish I had found this site earlier. 'long live Dagger' uck you all ! :shock:

live to ride, ride to live :cool:

Latest posts

Back