Parkpre Team 925 singlespeed - frame restoration finished!

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Latest project, bit of an experiment really. Pleased with the result :D The frame needs to be fully restored at sometime when finances allow, frame has suffered from the Parkpre steel frame surface rust disease, thinking of Argos Cycles flambouyant blue with yellow Parkpre decal on the down tube. What do ya think?

Frame - 1994 Parkpre Team 925 19" - Tange Ultimate Ultralight MTB
Fork - Spinner triple butted CRMO
Headset - FSA Orbit
Stem - Controltech
Handlebar - Azonic double wall
Bar Ends - Ritchey WCS
Grips - Onza Ules
Brakes - Avid single digit 5
Cassette - 17T On One Groove Armarda
Chain - Gusset Slinky Half Link
Cranks - Middleburn RS7 175mm
Chainrings - 34T Race Face
Bottom Bracket - FSA Powerdrive
Quick Releases - XT M760
Rims - Mavic X317
Hubs - rear XT M760, front XT M760
Tyres - Continental Speed King 2.1
Saddle - SDG Bel Air
Seatpost - Tioga T-Bone
Weight - 20 lb 6 oz

Attachments

• team-7.jpg
    team-7.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 6,751
  • team-9.jpg
    team-9.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 6,751
  • team-007.jpg
    team-007.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 6,751
damn

I couldn't help it, and made some offers on two parkpre frames... one pro image and another red one (quite beaten) with fuji tubes... need a frame to match my old clothes

Re: damn

captain8track":1a9ex8vn said:
I couldn't help it, and made some offers on two parkpre frames... one pro image and another red one (quite beaten) with fuji tubes... need a frame to match my old clothes

Pro Image is mega, mine is the best bike I have ever ridden :cool: Fuji tubed bike sounds interesting, do you know which model it is?

re

no, acctually I don't. Maybe someone knows year and model, would be quite helpful. It's battered and I think he's asking way to much in match of the condition. (about a 110euros) when I can get the pro image in better shape for around 160eur...

Attachments

• parkpre.jpg
    parkpre.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 6,707
Possibly a very late model 1998? Pro 825 just before things went wrong for Parkpre USA

Update ...

Took it for it's first proper off-road ride last Thursday at Chicksands. Very impressed, light springy feel to the frame and forks, gear set-up its working well. Climbed long steady hills faster than I normally would and even managed a few steep short ones without too much trouble. I think it's all about psyching yourself up before you hit the hill - knowing you have two choices ride it or get off and walk. Used plenty off body english too keep traction on the rear wheel and climbed all but one hill where Jango got in my way! Brakes are not working as well as should be expected, I bought them very cheaply and should have spent more on better quality ones - new ones are on the way already!

Overall impression ... I love it, wished I'd discovered singlespeeding a long time ago. Can't wait to take this to Thetford :D

singlespeeding can suit these forest trails nicely - I SS Cannock quite regularly, no point having gears there unless you're going off-route. I suspect Thetford is the same. Another good use of singlespeed is on an all day ride where everybody is SS too and you can all go at the same pace.

If that were mine, I'd keep it silver. And all the parts would be silver, except for tyres, saddle and grips. Really nice bike that.

Why are there no ParkPre brochures on the web? Somebody here must have something.

Back