Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
I wasn't planning on another project anytime soon, but this '89 with almost (not catalogue seat or tyres or rear wheel) complete original kit was on e-bay for the equivalent of a few rounds of drinks (London prices)so she had to be saved.
just not sure which way to go, the old catalogue pictures show her in a darker green not dissimilar to the elusive '85 Canyon.
so do I painstakingly attempt to trace around then guess what the faded sticker inks should be or just dress her up in homage to the Canyon as the stickers are readily available? (but keeping the white forks & bars of course).

So I thought I'd canvas your opinions and add a little poll just for fun.

Attachments

• Canyon85.jpg
    Canyon85.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 2,097
  • Pagan989.jpg
    Pagan989.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 2,097
  • file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 2,098
  • file-2.jpeg
    file-2.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 2,097
longun":1jz7m4ir said:
Restoration dude, it’s too close already not to

Yeah...maybe, any recommendations regarding a sticker producer?

Re:

Gil at retrodecals, he is a member here and has a Facebook page. He's awesome :)

Re: Re:

longun":lzirklko said:
Gil at retrodecals, he is a member here and has a Facebook page. He's awesome :)

Awesome! Just found him on Facebook, 26 miles from me! Thornton le dale, which also has a great ice cream shop!

legrandefromage":1vzbxc3j said:
Back wheel aint original or my names not Bob Catfiddler
Very observant Mr Cheese, I’ve just popped out to the workshop to check, also it’s only got 5 gears not the 6 it should have. The good news though, is it’s still round! :D

Anyway, you haven’t voted yet, what’l it be?

legrandefromage":2zm9wg4m said:
I have some nice period wheels if you get stuck.
i may well take you up on that offer sir, I'll PM you when i'm getting closer to the build.

Ok so its 5-0 so far and it looks like the Pagan's getting some replica stickers after all....
Now, a question about the colour, in all photos of old Pagans, they have this bluey-green that always looks sun bleached, and with not having any over-spray on the forks hiding in the head tube, I'm not so sure what the colour should be, the stickers certainly are faded. The picture in the 1989 catalogue looks like a proper green and the sales bumpf even describes the paint job as "shimmering green" so does that suggest an older model might have had the pearl green that the Canyon had?
Elswick-Hooper/Falcon had I believe taken Claud Butler and Holdsworth over in 1987, so did the Pagan get produced in '88 in this "shimmering green" I wonder?
Has anyone found a 1988 Falcon/CB catalogue?

Latest posts

Back