Saracen Tuff Trax 1989

Henne

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked this up last year from a gentleman who bought it from new. He used it mainly around country lanes and to the shops. It came with a rack too. I was riding it gently with the original tyres which had flaky sidewalls but I had the rear sidewall split on me last week and I had put some black walls on that I had laying around. I had an 18" TT back in the day and this being a 20" seems a little more comfortable what I recall.
Gears are still original and have more mileage in the cogs. Shame the tan sidewalls perished though. The paint has not survived as well as I would have liked, it has some chips and light rust but for a user and being 27 yrs old, I guess it is not too bad!

Attachments

• DSC_0214 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    DSC_0214 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC_0232 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    DSC_0232 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 286
Yes mate it is a shame about the original tyres but unfortunately age and changing temps do kill them off but who cares when a bike of this age still looks so damn good and you can still get another pair of tan walls even if their not the same as the originals they'll still look the part but any way the main thing is the TT still looks decent and their will be plenty of life left in the old girl still ..

Back