1995 Rocky Mountain Vertex T.O.

Woodyuk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi All

Bought this frame a few months back and been putting off the build as I can not decide if to Build with PBone forks and skinny wheels to make it a light fast road bike / Rock Shox Judy Xc and build it the way it was sold in 1995 or take the Rock Shox Reba off my GO to Hard Trail bike and build the Vertex T.O. up as my new Go To Hard Trail bike ? ( It will be riden more and harder )
Currently I have been thinking to make it up as my Go to Hard Trail ride for the mountains but still not 100% so decided to start a Build thread to get me started and motivated on the build ;).
Also need to decide if to go with magura or XTR V brakes ... :facepalm:
Once weather is better will get some photos outside in the sun :cool:

Attachments

• rsz_image_24664880910_o.jpg
    rsz_image_24664880910_o.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,590
  • rsz_image_24960370605_o.jpg
    rsz_image_24960370605_o.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,590
Re:

Thanks first RM bike and really like it so far although I have not ridden it yet , the ride will tell if it's a keeper :roll:
Frame is 17.5
Thinking as well that I might add magura brakes ...rest of components are ready just need to make a decision on the forks ➡️

That is one of my favourite Rocky's. I have the exact same frame and keen to build it up, going to build it up along with my 95 Altitude TO and my 95 Edge TO. Plan to build all three to the same spec.

Very nice! One of my favourites too...so much so that I picked up one too! :D
My problem is I have too many favourites :LOL:
Yes, some yellow Magura Race Lines would look great on it and the original spec Judy SL match nicely!
I've had a few Vertexes over the years and they ride great!
Following with interest!

schwartzy16":1p3m3v8k said:
That is one of my favourite Rocky's. I have the exact same frame and keen to build it up, going to build it up along with my 95 Altitude TO and my 95 Edge TO. Plan to build all three to the same spec.
That's great you ended up getting that Altitude TO!!...I didn't know you had an Edge TO too :shock: :shock:
It will be very cool to see them all built with the same spec! That's not an easy task!

Ok build is finally on its way.....took a while to make a plan ;-)
Its going to be a semi modern build ( Well the forks anyway and some other parts )but with some Retro parts as well but will be a rider
Photos to come....

When I first embarked on re-conditioning my '89 (Brodie) Romax last April, the very first big leap I took was to purchase a somewhat well used R/M Vertex off a local used bike ad ... cheap ... so I could purge the M-095 shifter/levers and a few other bits off it (the right/rear shifter was the first component to have catastrophically failed on my Romax from years of wear and tear, this time 'round), and then sell all the remaining components off to someone else.

I had no idea what I was doing, or what sort of journey I was getting myself into (having never built or re-built a bike before), but I eventually learned that the head-tube of the Vertex frame was cracked, and thus 'fooked' ... but I got/kept all the parts I wanted and ended up managing to sell even the cracked frame (cheap - and yes, I disclosed the flaw to the buyer) ... thus managing to recover all the money I laid out for the bike plus a bit of cash profit; and ... I stumbled upon this forum somewhere along that journey.

Nice Vertex ^^ , bytheway, Woodyuk!

ps: Incidentally, the U-brake that ended up going onto my Romax was a really nice one that I had purchased from Woodyuk, way back when.

I vote to go with that Go-To Hard Trail build with which ever brakes you find fitting. I lean more towards XTR but would like to see how it would look with maguras.

Latest posts

Back