Breezer, Jet-Stream

integerspin

Senior Retro Guru
Few weeks ago while perusing the "Marketplace" I found my self bidding on a tatty
1997 Breezer! I am going to stop looking at that section, I think most of my bikes
are from there.
I added a few bit's and I love it.

Attachments

• jet-stream2.jpg
    jet-stream2.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 1,036
Re:

Nice find mister! I do like a nice Breezer :cool:
Is it as nice to ride?

Maybe we can meet up for a spin when I've finished my Ritchey? ;)

Mike

Re:

Just been reading your Ritchey post, looking nice, looks you have put some work in on all
the parts. I also saw you post in todays ride a few days go, looks nice around there. I
haven't ventured away from Leith Hill, unless it's to pick up cheap ebay items;-)

The Breezer frame seems good, better than the other bikes I have, but I have had a
bad shoulder all year and have avoided the tracks that are painful. I may test it some more tomorrow;-)
The SIDs are good, I reduced the travel to 60mm, I should have left them at 80; I
haven't been aware of them bottoming, but it's been at full travel even after going to
Crawley to pick up some anodising?
It might put a rack on it and make it my daily drive!
If you need to paint Ritchey anymore, and want masks cutting let me know, I bought a
vinyl cutter to cut the masks to paint some bikes. The Jet-stream lettering was missing
from the top tube, the side you can see in the pic. I touched the bad paint up, you can
see where I touched it up, the paint doesn't match very well, and I repainted the
jet-stream lettering. Looking at the pic, the lettering looks pissed!

Attachments

• jet-stream-new.jpg
    jet-stream-new.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 889
Re:

Thanks for the offer ;)

I'm afraid I don't know much about SID forks. I just pump mine up and go!
Not ridden much around Leith Hill so would be keen to meet up when your shoulder is better and the mood takes you.
The regional Retrobike ride was cancelled this year due to lack of interest. Which seems odd as it is fantastic around there. I just don't know it well enough to arrange something myself

Mike

Back