Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:28 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:10 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:14 pm
Posts: 462
Location: Victoria, B.C. Canada
Just swapped a too-large for me 1995 Brodie Sovereign (20.5") for this 1993(ish) Brodie Expresso (18").

Serial number is 2503, I've messaged Paul Brodie to ask for confirmation on the year.

Stoked!!!

Attachment:
IMG_1168 (resized).jpg
IMG_1168 (resized).jpg [ 168.94 KiB | Viewed 1036 times ]


Last edited by shamobius on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:59 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:40 pm
Posts: 175
Location: Vancouver outskirts, BC
Great looking frame. Love that colour.
Check out jimbotoad for some new authorized decals for it.

Who got the Sovereign? There's a tall fellow over here who's always looking for 20.5"'er's.

Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:08 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:14 pm
Posts: 462
Location: Victoria, B.C. Canada
Mike E. wrote:
Great looking frame. Love that colour.
Check out jimbotoad for some new authorized decals for it.

Who got the Sovereign? There's a tall fellow over here who's always looking for 20.5"'er's.

Mike


Thanks Mike! The colour is so cool I don't dare re-paint the frame!

I've got some decals on the way, probably only going to replace the 'expresso' letters though. Its going to be a rough re-build - nice parts, nothing too shiny or new...

'BC' is the proud owner of the chestnut metallic Sovereign...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:12 pm 
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 9555
Location: Sunny Cornwall
Nice score. Two satisfied customers there too I guess :)

I keep a log of all the Brodie serial numbers that come up on the forum and have 2495 down as a Catalyst sold to Mountain Bike Laden on June 15th 1993 (confirmed by Paul) if that helps.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:42 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:14 pm
Posts: 462
Location: Victoria, B.C. Canada
raidan73 wrote:
Nice score. Two satisfied customers there too I guess :)

I keep a log of all the Brodie serial numbers that come up on the forum and have 2495 down as a Catalyst sold to Mountain Bike Laden on June 15th 1993 (confirmed by Paul) if that helps.


That does help, thanks raidan73! I guess that puts it late June/early July 1993 then. We'll see what Mr. Brodie says as well...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:50 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:40 pm
Posts: 175
Location: Vancouver outskirts, BC
Glad BC was able to complete his Brodie lineup....pretty sure it's complete now with the Sovereign.

Cheers,

Mike

Heading over to Victoria this weekend to pick my winter vintage restoration project. Not what you're thinking though....it's a 1960's European travel trailer. Full gut and rebuild to suit us. Should be a fun challenge for myself and my sons. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:51 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:14 pm
Posts: 462
Location: Victoria, B.C. Canada
don't mind the paper towel fluff...

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:53 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:14 pm
Posts: 462
Location: Victoria, B.C. Canada
Mike E. wrote:
Glad BC was able to complete his Brodie lineup....pretty sure it's complete now with the Sovereign.

Cheers,

Mike

Heading over to Victoria this weekend to pick my winter vintage restoration project. Not what you're thinking though....it's a 1960's European travel trailer. Full gut and rebuild to suit us. Should be a fun challenge for myself and my sons. :)


Everyone should have a winter project or two, sounds like fun!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:08 am 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:03 am
Posts: 1764
Location: Vancouver British Columbia Canada
It is a nice blue. I will be watching the build.
now I'll have to go over and check out BC's new toy.
I think BC is short a couple in the line-up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:09 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 1:31 am
Posts: 3469
Location: Stockport ..
It looks real nice and that blue is just " Lush " ;) ..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group