Orange Vitamin T 1992

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Thanks to Matt (Kingroon) I have another project to get stuck into.

I thought I'd built my perfect Orange when I completed my Prestige but no sooner had I finished it and been on a few all day rides when this popped up and I couldn't say no ;)

I'll be using most of the parts from the Prestige, the frame of which has already gone to a good home on here. The build shouldn't take long as I have everything cleaned and ready to go.

Should I stick with the black cable outlets already the correct length or go XTR grey?

And which forks?

Re:

Nice... will be following.
I definitely think you should pass on the one piece Pace steerer/stem ;)

Re:

Black cable outers will look fine :) ...go quite well with the black graphics.

RC35 or RC30?

Thanks for your quick input guys, i'm thinking the RC35's that Matt sold me as they have good internals and I really like the ride of the pair I have on my Merlin. Despite new medium elastomers in the MXCD's I couldn't get them hard enough for my 13 stone weight.

I hope to finish my Zaskar project soon and stripped down the RTS today ready for a good clean and polish so this has been put in the garage awaiting it's turn.

Re: Re:

MatBH5":zseelz45 said:
Nice... will be following.
I definitely think you should pass on the one piece Pace steerer/stem ;)

Afraid I've fallen in love with it already and prepared to get a bad back if needs be :LOL:

Minifreak":xh3lzxzy said:
Thanks for your quick input guys, i'm thinking the RC35's that Matt sold me as they have good internals and I really like the ride of the pair I have on my Merlin. Despite new medium elastomers in the MXCD's I couldn't get them hard enough for my 13 stone weight.

I hope to finish my Zaskar project soon and stripped down the RTS today ready for a good clean and polish so this has been put in the garage awaiting it's turn.

See if you can find a few hard elastomers to put in the stack to firm them up a bit ;)

edit: I may even have some!...but would need to have a look.

wadsy":q3hc42lv said:
Minifreak":q3hc42lv said:

See if you can find a few hard elastomers to put in the stack to firm them up a bit ;)

edit: I may even have some!...but would need to have a look.

If you have some going spare that'd be great. Even if I don't use those forks on this I'd like to keep them for the next inevitable build :?

enc":qr0tyfu6 said:
Loveley ! im thinking of an Orange for my next project :)

Thank you, need a British bike in my life as I'm a bit American top heavy at the moment. May get this under way today.

Well due to a disaster this morning with my early Zaskar project build, non replaceable mech hanger died, I thought I'd put this together. Due to the dimensions being virtually the same as the Prestige it is coming along nicely. Only the centre section of rear gear cable outer needed a trim. Chain and front brake to go on before adjusting the controls :)

Latest posts

Back