1992 Orange Clockwork

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
In 1994 I bought a 1992 Orange Clockwork from a mate for the [then] princely sum of £300. It had been well used, but was awesome; DX, 231s, Smoke & Dart, USE.. A solid build.. I took it University with me and rode it to college every day..

One Spring evening, I was leaving college about to cycle home. College friends persuaded me to come for a bite to eat. I looked over at my Clockwork locked up to the railings and thought It'll be alright there.. That was the last time I saw that Clockwork; I came back not half an hour later and it was gone..

Some 20 or so years later this crops up, and I knew I had to have it.. Yes, it needed work but the frame and more importantly paint looked solid and most of the original parts could be salvaged.. I'm not going to try and recreate the Clockwork that was lost to Street Scum, but I do have a real yearning to ride a Clockwork again.. :twisted:

Price negotiated, I bolted to Reading to pick it up and could not believe the Zing of the Orange Paint in the early evening light.. And the punctuating Pearlescent White.. It was a Bewt :cool:

16775745405_f85675b70b_d.jpg
16774666122_2a8fb44a39_d.jpg

Re:

very nice, think we need :cool: to look at that paint :D

However, may I draw your attention to this...

Rule #25
// The bikes on top of your car should be worth more than the car.

Or at least be relatively more expensive. Basically, if you’re putting your Huffy on your Rolls, you’re in trouble, mister.

;)

Re: Re:

jimo746":1nn1tmty said:
However, may I draw your attention to this...

Rule #25
// The bikes on top of your car should be worth more than the car.

Surely that Rule can only applies to Klein Owners? :p

Re:

Looking forward to this one having thought seriously about taking the plunge myself. Looks a belter so chop, chop.....

brocklanders023":1bjpd243 said:
Looking forward to this one having thought seriously about taking the plunge myself. Looks a belter so chop, chop.....

Was quite a cathartic Strip Down.. Mudguards, them 'Bars, that Hub :shock: :LOL:

Took a set of Bolt Croppers to the wheels and separated Hubs & Rims, then packaged them [Nexus replaced with original DX] off to a preferred WheelBuilder to start afresh.. Hubs will need repacking as the front was a little loose and gritty.. Headset needs repacking too.. BB is a sealed unit and is as smooth as the day it was fitted :cool:

911 happens to be my dream so you are in trouble sir!!!

Waiting to see more of the bike ;)

Build Sheet
Drivetrain: Shimano Deore DX 21 Speed
Anchors: Dia Compe SS7 & 987
Hoops: Shimano Deore DX w/ Mavic 231CD w/ amberwall Specialized Ground Control Extreme 26 x 1.95
Cockpit: USE Post, Selle Italia Red Logo Flite, Stalk Lite, Hyperlites

:cool:

brocklanders023":376jvmxy said:
If you are selling on the Orange saddle and seat post let me know. ;)

Selling? You can have them! The saddle is little scuffed and the post's logos are all but gone..

Want that Nexus Hub too?? :LOL:

PM me your address :cool:

Back