Cannondale Headshok DD60 Elastomer and spring

The Malcolm

Retro Guru
Managed to source a new spring and elastomer for my boy's DD60 forks on his F1000. The old elastomer had turned to mush as you can see in the pictures. The spring came from Eighty-aid in Germany for 30 euros. Good service came in just under a week. By lucky chance the only one I could source was a green one which is listed in the headshok service book for someone less than 150lbs. As he is only 10 years old this is the perfect strength for him. The spring came with a new bottom plug which I chose not to use. The old plug was well wedged in and I was reluctant to disturb it. Next time I have the fork apart I look at doing this.

I bought the super castle removal tool a month back and it makes removal of the damper cartridge a scoosh. The damper was still full of oil and not needing bled so I have left it alone this time. I have renewed the seals in a damper for a DL80 recently and by comparison the seals in the DD60 were perfect.

All in all the change over took less than 10 minutes. When I have the forks back in the bike at the weekend I will have a go at adjusting the preload as the fork still feels a bit too stiff.

DD60repair1.jpg

DD 60 forks
DD60repair5.jpg

Top cap opened up
DD60repair.jpg

Super castle tool
DD60repair3.jpg

Cartridge with the new and old springs

Back