Sorted Springs for suspension fork

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Sods law, I used to have loads of spares but I'm all out it seems.

Just finished servicing a set of old forks and have found that the springs in them have seen better days

They are part of a mixed elastomer/spring stack from an rest mozo pro fork.

Anyone have anything suitable?

Pic of the offending item below

Attachments

• PSX_20230731_004110.jpg
    PSX_20230731_004110.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 19
I have. But honestly: Whats wrong with the spring after a good cleaning. It will be just like a brand new one I assume. Rather take care of the elastomers. What you have there are the inferior foam like elastomers. Get rid of them and leave the springs - they are fine! Let me know the diameter, length and bore center hole. I am sure I can sell you some very nice perfect new MCU rubber elastomers for that. I am Europes finest supplier for new suspension fork elastomers.

e7bba115-397b-4719-98a3-054227b924ac.jpeg

6c894f2d-4c5e-4109-a373-5bdac93ea0a6.jpeg

Last edited:
What's wrong with the spring after a good clean? Well one has a weak point and has practically snapped at that point, the other is similar, I can manipulate the spring shape by hand, so not very springy.

Sadly springs are not fine and cannot be salvaged, I'd much prefer they were.

I'll measure the existing elastomers (the springs also have a thin one within them too) later.

Just trying to complete the referb on these so I can use or sell, not decided which yet.

No problem! ...if you give me all measures, I can help you with springs and Elastomers. Sizewise, yours seem to be the same as Manitou Elastomers. My best guess would be that they are 20mm / 21mm diameter and 50mm long each.

Diameter seems to be about 21mm as you've mentioned.

Length wise, hard to say if they are still full length as I've measured the elastomers and they seem to range from 42mm to 45mm. Spring I thing was around 55mm, but both are slightly mis-shapen.

Latest posts

Back