Rek Tek Titanium

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
hi all
I got a bit motivated by seeing banshee's Rek Tek thread resurrected.
dug mine out and gave it a couple of rides this week. and took a couple pictures.
it is pretty much how I acquired it, which is why I hadn't posted it yet.
still figuring on how I want to personalize the build. but have a look any way.
tell me what you think of it and any ideas, I'm running a bit stuck. only thing
I have decided is the fork stays. :)
roy Rek Tek 024.JPG Rek Tek 023.JPG Rek Tek 022.JPG Rek Tek 021.JPG Rek Tek 020.JPG Rek Tek 019.JPG Rek Tek 020.JPG Rek Tek 017.JPG Rek Tek 018.JPG

Last edited:
Retro_Roy":ngdcpsea said:
only thing I have decided is the fork stays. :)

really? that's the first thing i would ditch (looks too skinny), along with the stem (looks too chunky) and the RF DH chainring. they all look out of place on the bike. :? well those are my thoughts anyway.

I like the fork personally. I agree with Frank on the stem and the big ring. I'd probably change the grips as well.

Re:

If it were mine , I'd change the grips and chainring only . It's a sweet bike :cool:

Mike

Re:

hi
i like the fork as well. it will stay. I might consider a syncros powerlight as an option down the road.

undecided on the syncros stem, might look for a race face though.

don't care for the look of the seat as well. and would look better with syncros seatpost.

yes chain ring and grips gotta go!!! don't know if I'm keen on the dia comp brakes either.
might switch them over to good old black shimano's.

rides great. bike is pretty light. seems nimble and quick with some speed on trails.

as for the rek tek story. i'm not up on all the details. was an in house brand of Vancouver
based bike shop reckless cycles back in late 80's and early 90's is about all I know.

don't know much about the who's who. other than paul brodie's first painter `Rich' used to work there till paul stole him away.
and was told that my cromo rek tek was made by chris dekerf. so he did some work for them.

I think classen know a bit more of the rek tek story. maybe he'll pop in.
or got to his thread and read what he said there. enjoy his work of art while you are there. :)

thanks all for the comments. maybe next time you see it you might like it more.
but that may be awhile.

Hi!
What size is the Frame please? Could you please have a look under the bb Shell and post the Serial number?
Thanks, Olaf

Re:

Nice bike - sounds like its got some local history.

If it were mine, I'd only change the grips or anything broken/worn out, other than that ... just a good cleaning/spit polish, and liberal grease and chainlube.

Back