MUDDYFOX /RALEIGH 80S BULLMOOSE BARS PROJECT FINISHED

wontchuckanut

Retrobike Rider
so about a year ago i was the happy owner of a 1984 muddyfox, i was still happy right up to the point where i snapped the frame while trying to remove the seatpost :facepalm: ..dont ask, anyway i was pissed off but sometimes you got to look on the bright side, i still had all these nice 80s parts like the bullmoose bars, diacomp brakes, suntour mechs etc, so i started to look for a donner frame to work with, ten months pass by and i spot a 1988 raleigh montage frame on fleabay, the chainstays where not as long but its angles where slack enough, i took the frame bars and forks to bob jacksons to be painted, told them to loose the chrome on the bars as the where a bit rusty. so the frames getting done so i pass the time cleaning up the parts and trying to find some wheels, one of the original wheels had a heavy curb or i would of used them. i spotted some wheels that looked old on a 1990 peugeot mtb, so i bought it and they where black weinmain 2121, very similar to early wheelsmith rims, 7 speed but i ground the smallest cog down so it looked 6 speed just for the affect really. eventually bob jackson phones me up and says its done, i pick the bike up and start the build the same night too giddy to wait till the weekend, in two days it was done, i put some splashbacks on at first but it didn't look right so went for some specialized crossroads in the end, fast rolling good for on road and off.
i no you purists out there wont like the blend of parts but i think i did my best with what i had.

Attachments

• photo (34).JPG
    photo (34).JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 563
  • photo 3 (15).JPG
    photo 3 (15).JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 563
  • photo 4 (7).JPG
    photo 4 (7).JPG
    254.4 KB · Views: 563
  • photo 5 (2).JPG
    photo 5 (2).JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 563
  • photo 2 (14).JPG
    photo 2 (14).JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 563
  • photo 1 (15).JPG
    photo 1 (15).JPG
    252 KB · Views: 563
  • photo (35).JPG
    photo (35).JPG
    259 KB · Views: 559
Re:

Good job!

I especially like how tidy it looks, the fresh paint and stuff, but more the layout of it, clean lines and a tidy cockpit.

Simple, tidy, like it. :cool:

Re:

a pic of the cassette with smallest cog ground down. i re spaced the stays with a scissor jack between them, my tried and tested method.

Attachments

• photo (37).JPG
    photo (37).JPG
    85 KB · Views: 533
Back