Building a Klein Attitude Painted Desert

mkaavin

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This has been waiting a long time for a rebuild. As most of us I have been saving parts for a long time. I still don't have all I need but let's get to it.

I will update the parts list below as I am progressing.

Here's what it looks like:

Attachments

• PD17.JPG
    PD17.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,941
Re:

Frame: 1995 Klein Attitude Painted Desert, size L

Fork: Uniklein

Headset: Klein
Stem: Klein Mission Control 2, 120 mm, no rise
Handlebar: Klein Mission Control 2
Grips: Grab on
Barends: Control Stix (red)

Brakes: Shimano BR-M900
Brake Pads: Shimano XTR M70/R
Brake Cables: BBB
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano ST-M738

Shifters: Shimano ST-M738
Front Derailleur: Shimano FD-M900
Rear Derailleur: Shimano RD-M900
Derailleur Cables: BBB
Cassette: Shimano CS-M737
Chain: CN-HG90
Cranks: Shimano FC-M900
Crank Bolts:
Chainrings:
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket: Klein, 108mm axle
Pedals: Shimano PD-M747

Hub Skewers: Ringlé Ti Stix Gold
Rims:
Hubs: Shimano M900
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres: Klein Deathgrip

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Titanium (red label)
Seatpost: Ringlé Moby Deuce
Seatpost Binder: Ringlé Ti Stix Gold

Bottle cage: Ringlé H2O Gold

Weight:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

34henry3w":39sck1ns said:
thats a beauty! it deserves XTR shifters!

there is a NOS set of M910s (1995s with the indicator) on ebay buy it now $120 which is a GREAT price...buy them before I do!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XTR-8-Speed-Shi ... 2ed16c9cd6

You know....I have two sets of M900 shifters.... :) I just prefer the M738's. Seriously they brake and shift so much better....so since that's what I wanted and I have a NOS set....I decided to go for M738 STI's.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

:)

Attachments

• PD11.JPG
    PD11.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,879
  • PD10.JPG
    PD10.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,878
  • PD9.JPG
    PD9.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,879
  • PD16.JPG
    PD16.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,879
Nice project - looking forward to see some pics of it in the daylight/sun. Though you think the M738´s performance is better...I´ld go with the M900 to get a clean build up, but that´s just my opinion.

And hey - I´f you´re really using bar-end´s I´ve got a set of cutted Instinct Grips laying around ;)

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

IHateRain":25k88pns said:
Nice project - looking forward to see some pics of it in the daylight/sun. Though you think the M738´s performance is better...I´ld go with the M900 to get a clean build up, but that´s just my opinion.

And hey - I´f you´re really using bar-end´s I´ve got a set of cutted Instinct Grips laying around ;)

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

Thanks :) I will get it out in the sun for some pics soon but now it's actually raining (funny considering your nick :-D ).

Anyway, I have a set of instinct grips also.....but I used to love Grab On's back in the days.....These Grab On's are actually the new version with softer foam. I have a set of the original Grab Ons but they are just to difficult to fit and I'm afraid I'll ruin the paint on the handlebars even more (they have some scratches already).

The reason why I'm building the bike the way I do, is that I want it to be the way I would have built it back in the mid 90's. ..and that includes using the M738 STI's, bar ends, and other stuff that might not make into a clean build........but I want to ride my bike, not hang it on a wall. :)

Best regards
Mkaavin

Back