Another pine mountain

slippybathtub

Dirt Disciple
So it starts
Got the frame a few weeks ago and eventually made a start on what I'm led to believe is a 1989 possibly 1990 pine mountain
You'll have to put up with pictures all coming at the end.
Any informed guesses as to whether it is a pine mountain and year greatly appreciated there is a pic of frame number
IMG_00000098_zpsf99eb9ec.jpg
[/url]
g]
IMG_00000101_zps99f9dc91.jpg
[/url]
[/im
g][img][/img]

Thanks already to the peeps who have helped with parts already will continue to update as and when

My 1990 Pine Mountain was the same pale grey:

Marin2.jpg

I think the pale grey paint must have been quite delicate; you can't really see it in the picture above, but my frame was also covered in little chips, scratches and rust spots.

Marin02.jpg

Re:

Spent several hours rubbing down frame applied 2 coats of etch primer 2 coats red oxide 2 coats white primer today top coat went on pretty impressed with the colour and the semi zolatone effect
IMG_00000109_zpscf38c668.jpg
[/url]
mg][img][/img]
Going to leave it a couple of days and apply another coat me finks

Re:

Just an update as I've been laid up with a knackered back .
Managed to get frame finished off today, had a pig of a job getting the paint to adhere to the stem so think they're going for powder coating.
6489EF73-D14E-4F7D-A761-7FBB7792BCD9_zpsrgpv3cff.jpg
[/url]g]
C875DD35-1505-4568-AC80-4E113E6D58F6_zpshob7obbj.jpg
[/url]g]
Forks will have to wait but at the minute I've got a set of mogul black diamonds that are going on as it looks like one of teenagers will be having this one :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back