16" Aqua Zaskar (Marmite Update 5/5/14)

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
OK, so I was on the lookout for a 16" Zaskar. I'd seen Mountain Rider's lovely 18" LE for sale and, while the spec was near-perfect for me, the frame size wasn't.

So, I had a reply from Kona lover on my wanted thread to say that he had a 16" which he would be willing to part with ( and it was a '94 - my favourite decals :cool: ). A few PMs were exchanged and a deal was struck. In the meantime, I contacted Mountain Rider and bought his 18" LE. A plan was hatched...

The plan is to strip both bikes, and then build the 16" frame up with a combination of M737, Middleburn, Chris King, Hope and Mavic.

I'll add more photos as the build progresses. For now, here are the two bikes which will become one little trail monster :)

Re: Zaskars - When 2 become 1..

SEANSTEPHENS":20mok435 said:
Dont want my zaskar anymore then? :| ;)

Did you find out any info on anodising frames?

I couldn't turn any of these 2 down :)

Apparently anodising is a bit tricky so I'm sticking to ball burnished. If you ever decide to part with your Aqua one I'm all ears ;)

Will keep it in mind ;) but until a u brake zaskar or xizang turns up i will be keeping it :cool:

Sean

Maybe interested in some parts (assuming youll be splitting a complete bikes worth of parts)

Sean

I would be interested in whats left when you've finished your build. PM me if your interested.
Pete

2 Zaskars...... would that not make them Zaski..?!

Back