GT STS

alti

Retro Guru
Hello

Even if I'm collecting mountain bikes for a very long time, it's the first of my bike I'm posting here. And I don't know why this one comes first.

I spent some times building this GT STS frame. I like it because it's a small size (14.5) and I love the slooping desing it gives to the frame. Even if it's small, the saddle is at my regular size (69cm from to bb). So, not so small.

The hardest question I had to answer was : "Which fork for such a bike ?". For me the double T are hiding the front triangle of the frame and it's a shame on such an beautyfull bike. I don't like Fournales neather. I finaly thought that a Judy FSX will match with the carbon and aluminium and make a good pair with the rear shock.

Wheels are Spin for the carbon an curve shape (as the frame) and the rest is red ano and black to match the harmony of the bike.

Since the pictures, I sticked new decal set and I only have to put a chain on and some wires...

Frame : GT STS
Fork : Judy FSX
Headset : Chris King
Brakes : Shimano XTR V-Brakes
Levers : Real
Shifters : GripShift X-Ray
Grips : Oury
Bar : Race Face Low Riser Air Alloy
Stem : Syncros
SeatPost : Thomson
Seat Clamp : GT
Saddle : SDG
Crankset : Race face XC
Derr : XTR
Wheelset : Spin
Cassette : XTR
Tires : Geax Saguaro red wall.

Nice. I love the GT STS I have one myself, best purchase I made with my student loan check. I love the Spins! I like the fact that you didn't go with a double clamp. I put a Manitou mine and it looks great in my opinion. Welcome to the board.

Thank you very much for the compliments. Yes, I think it's a 98, but I don't have any "true" information about his vintage.

Latest posts

Back