Raleigh Lizard

misterlee

Dirt Disciple
Had one as a 12 year old, so just had to buy another. I usually ride a Cotic Soul, but wanted something a bit different for to and from work. It has 15 gears and 24inch wheels, just like the one I had as a kid

My Cotic

A few changes, but the most important addition is the original Raleigh Lizard bottle cage :D

Excuse the Citroën c3 in the background. Not very retro, I know

I wish I had bought the Raleigh Mustang that me and Marc two tone spotted at a bike jumble last summer :facepalm:

This brings back memories, a Lizard was my first mountain bike. Bought it off a mate at school in about 1994 I think for £40. It weighed a ton! I ditched the steel wheels and fitted some ali weinman rims I think. Had a few years of fun on it, when it started to get a bit tatty I re-sprayed it all black. I eventually killed it when the frame cracked at the weld on the rear drop outs. I then cut the frame up, in fact I still have a couple of the bits of tube in my odds & ends metal bin in the workshop, still have the green paint overlayed with the black spray!

had one of these given to me a while back. not quite as good condition as yours (if you can call missing paint, more rust than a sunken shipwreck and not one bolt that wasnt seized good :LOL: )

ended up breaking it for parts and I still have the bright orange bottle cage

Back