The Unbuilt

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
‘That boy needs therapy…!’ - (Avalanches) just how many unbuilt builds have you got?

Since the 90s I always had something on the go or in my mind’s eye. A Marin Team Ti frame was in the back bedroom for a few years whilst I dealt with domestic and life crises but at least that was just one unbuilt.

Now….

I have four.
No…
Five.

I think.
Possibly.

1 A Cotic Simple - built then unbuilt - lovely thing
2 A Surly Karate Monkey - more steel gorgeousness
3 A Cotic Road Rat SS - ‘…mmmm that’s nice Max…’
4 A ti Stanton Switch9er - sorry my finger slipped
5 A Transition PBJ - even I haven’t got a rationalisation for this one

I love building bikes….and then I love riding them. But this is getting a bit silly….

How about you?

You see, the thing is, I can get away with having frames and wheels and other bits around as long as they don't become actual bikes. Consequently they keep on multiplying (five at the moment). I do sort of have a rationale for all them (or so I tell myself), but I'd be lying if I said they were entirely sensible ones...

Right now….. none! 😱. I’m in the process of slimming down the fleet. Once that’s been achieved I’ve got my sights set on 1…..maybe 2 more builds then I’m done! I promise 😂

I'm not doing too badly atm as I finished my Pace RC627 and the other modern bikes are built and working.

Retro wise I have the Orange Aluminium O in bits but that's because I'm selling, my mint 92 Clockwork needs cabling but is then pretty much done, the purple/orange 92 + 88 orange/white Clockwork's need stripping down, cleaning and rebuilding but are complete for now. That leaves the yellow/white 89 that's partially dismantled and the rat 89 Saracen Traverse that hides in the back of the garage in bits, waiting for a turbo trainer build that never happens.

Far too many....

GT lightning
Cove hummer
Litespeed obed FS
Amp B4
GT RTS disc converted
A jack flash 29er, started and just need to fit brakes.
A Kona fire mountain. Should sell.
An unknown ti that's been with Danson for ages awaiting repair
A felt carbon 29er, recently unbuilt and should sell
A Saracen Killi team (needs repairing though).

I'm losing my garage soon so something has to give.

Far too many....

GT lightning
Cove hummer
Litespeed obed FS
Amp B4
GT RTS disc converted
A jack flash 29er, started and just need to fit brakes.
A Kona fire mountain. Should sell.
An unknown ti that's been with Danson for ages awaiting repair
A felt carbon 29er, recently unbuilt and should sell
A Saracen Killi team (needs repairing though).

I'm losing my garage soon so something has to give.
Blimey

Back