take it or leave it?

• Take it

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Leave it

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

chillibiker

Retro Guru
I found a 1983 nishiki bushwacker in all oginal condition except for the seat and tires at my father in laws house. He is willing to let me have it if I want it. I'm just trying to deside wether its worth it to add to my collection.
Here us the original add from 1983. The color of the one I am looking at is the metallic gray. What do you guys think ya or na
3265560737_3871c3ce80_b_zps20df093d.jpg

whats to think about, every retrobiker needs a 1983/4 timewarp machine. you'll never see another, ooh and it's a nishiki.

do it. with the one note ...isnt the superb tech rear mech the one that pulls from the front? and if its knacked it may be a bugger. of course if it is time warp like you say happy days!

Well it turns out he borrowed the bike a long time ago from a friend so now I'm trying to get a hold of them to work out a deal. Perhaps I can trade them for one of my newer bikes I finished restoring. That way they get a practicaly brand new bike out of the deal and I get an older bike to add to my kuwahara. I guess we will just have to see how it goes :D

So after doing some more research I have decided I really need this bike ;) lol. This is some one else's nishiki bushwacker I found on line. The only diference is the one I am looking at still has its decals.

THIS IS NOT THE BIKE I'M LOOKING AT BUT SOME ONE ELSES I FOUND ONLINE
I WILL POST PICS WHEN I CAN TAKE THEM

P1010001_zps89f2fe72.jpg

P1010004_zps7dd1d29c.jpg

P1010008_zps72d14a0a.jpg

P1010002_zpsba6f7d06.jpg

P1010003_zpse2aca9b3.jpg

I do remember the one I want does have the shimano xt deer head rear derailer and the cool front fork. Now is the task of finding the original owner and asking permition to take over ownership. This may prove difficult as I'm not even sure they know the bike is still around, it looks like it has been sitting for atleast 10 years. But I can't in my right mind just take the bike without first getting their consent. Next time I'm over at the in-laws I will take some pictures of the actual bike witch looks even better than the one I found online :D

Ok so I have the line of ownership all sorted out. Now so I'm going to go pick it up later today :D pics coming soon!!! I will post them today!

Love this ... can't wait for more pictures

Anybody know those pedals? Have some and want another pair. Mine have 'tkk' on them?

Back