Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:34 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:06 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Alright, since I don't have any threads on my bikes yet, I thought I might as well dump them all in one place.

I have four bikes at the moment - two Clockworks, a Diamond Back WCF Vertex and a Wheeler 7700 - with specs varying from LX to XT. Usually when I'm out riding the whole thing just turns into a photo-shoot, especially if I come across beautiful scenery and places (which happens quite often :lol: ), so by now I've gathered a a sh*tload of pictures which are just stashed away on my computer. So I thought I might as well dump them on here for you guys to enjoy (hopefully). :D

First up is a batch of autumn pictures from last week. The star in the pictures is my battered old soon-to-be winterbike, a blue/silver fade clockwork. I just really love the silhouette of it. Already a bit of frost over here, ugh...

sorry for the crappy quality, they are all shot with my phone

To finish it off: something a bit artistic. Do you guys also get the sensation that those leaves might be made of toilet paper? :D

Last edited by henristig on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:18 pm 
Retro Guru

Very artistic ! :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:06 pm 
Retro Guru

nice!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:36 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Some very nice piccys there -- should email a few off to Orange :D

Lot of seatpost action going on there - would a 19" be a better fit.....?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:12 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Thanks for the nice comments guys! As soon as I get a decent collection of clockwork footage that I'm happy with I'll send it off to orange to remind them of what they used to make - thanks for the tip. :D

As for the seat post, you are absolutely right. That's why I have Stocko's stunning and prolly super photogenic 19'' orange/white fade clockwork being shipped over as we speak. :twisted: It will probably look ace in the snow (and we get a lot of it here) Expect pictures.

Don't tell anyone, but I secretly love overextended seatposts - they create such a magnificently racy look :D

Here's a shot of the DBR WCF for you to enjoy in the meantime. Snapped it on a 70 mile trip through the countryside on my way to visit the in-laws. Note to self: never ever bring a 15kg backpack on a trip like that again...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:41 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

henristig wrote:
Don't tell anyone, but I secretly love overextended seatposts - they create such a magnificently racy look :D

As one who could ride a 20" frame, but instead chooses 18" frames, I have to agree with you.

Great photo's, very Autumnal.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:48 pm 
Retro Guru

NeilM wrote:
henristig wrote:

As one who could ride a 20" frame, but instead chooses 18" frames, I have to agree with you.

I third that!

PS is the front wheel on backwards on the blue/silver Clockwork? Lovely looking bikes and scenery!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:30 pm 
Retro Guru

Location: I know where the stash is – the secret's safe with me. The flying squad will never find us...
Great photos of the blue/silver Clockwork – absolute wowzers!

As Dossa suggests, these would enrich the Orange archive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:26 am 
Devout Dirtbag

matt24777 wrote:
NeilM wrote:
henristig wrote:

I third that!

PS is the front wheel on backwards on the blue/silver Clockwork? Lovely looking bikes and scenery!

I was beginning to wonder if someone would notice :D Ever since I got the bike I had a real problem with the front tyre slipping on the rim, and it was eating a hole in my inner tube-budget. I had a hard time figuring it out, but then I thought I'd flip the whole thing around in case the tyre would stick a bit better to the rim that way. And what do you know, two weeks in and still no slippage. So now it's become this kind of a permanent temporary solution... :facepalm:

If you chaps know of any good tricks to fix this problem the proper way I'd gladly hear you out!

Now let's introduce the WCF a bit better. The pic is a tad blurry (damn my shaky hand) but I still wanted to post it because I simply love how the bike is placed in the picture. And mind you, that was a rather steep climb, even though it doesn't show very well through the lens. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:48 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Close-ups of the Orange/white Orange. As you can see, the bike's absolutely mint. And VERY bright. 8)

And finally my orange Ortlieb messenger bag matches with something :lol:

Last edited by henristig on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next