A pair of Oranges - 92 Prestige & 93 Clockwork

trevkx125

Retro Newbie
Hi all,
My brother pointed me towards retrobike, it made me need a nice retro ride.........

I have recently managed to find myself a '92 Orange Prestige and my wife a '93 Clockwork.
I have always wanted an Orange, since a teenager when a neighbor let me have a go on his. It made my new at the time '94 Carrera Technoshock feel slightly lacking! (I still have this BTW, still in pretty good nick too!).

A few pics:

Prestige when I just picked it up:
20120601115747.jpg

Although it was in pretty decent condition, I decided to give her a good clean up and get my brother re-spray the frame, he used Glasurit 22 line, and it looks simply unbelievable - the new decals finish it off nicely too.

Please click thumbnails

Spec:
Mavic 221 Rims with STXRC hubs
STXRC Rear Cassette 8 speed. Shimano Quick Release skewers.
LX M560 Crankset
Deore XT M732 Front Mech
XTR 952 Rear Mech
LX 569 8 Speed STi Shifters
Deore XT Pedals
LX Canti rear brakes
Deore LX UM54 New Bottom Bracket
Ritchey Logic Headset
Kalloy Uno Handlebars
Orange SK8 Stem
Kalloy Seat Post
DX V-Brakes

Amberwalls, Pace forks or similar, and nice stem and a flight titanium would finish it off nicely! I fitted my DX V-brakes, just because I want to use the bike and prefer them, still have the LX canti's though ;)

My wifes purple '93 Clockwork:

The Clockwork is totaly unmolested, and pretty much unused by the look of it! It still even has the sticker on the rear cassette, I think they are the original Specialized Cannibal tyres and everything. Apart from a few minor storage marks to the stickers it really does looks new - A real time warp! She loves it!

We went out and hit the trails at the weekend:

And a beer or 2 ;)

Thanks for reading folks! Sorry about the quality of the pics.............
Trev

[/code]

Couple of tidy oranges :) Yup reckon nice titanium flite would
Look good or if you can source one of the wiggle edition charge spoons with the orange logo/stitching.. Bit modern but they are super comfy and look the biz !

Enjoy

Col :)

Back