Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:07 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:31 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:52 pm
Posts: 988
Location: at home,eating cake
what a great read 8)
that bontrager is seriously very nice

cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:41 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
sausagefingers wrote:
what a great read 8)
that bontrager is seriously very nice

cheers


Thanks mate. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:43 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
Sometimes there is no need for colour advertising......

Bontrager advertising was very few and far between.....

But when there was.......

A picture could speak a thousand words.

8)


Attachments:
The Glory days of Global Fridge..JPG
The Glory days of Global Fridge..JPG [ 141.4 KiB | Viewed 898 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:53 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:11 pm
Posts: 2286
8) Awesome job buddy, I love the job you've done on the OR, its very unusual to see a Bontrager painted too, as you know, when new, they were powder coated quite thickly for durability. I really like the fact that due to the fact that the paint finish is thinner than the usual powder, the quality of the welds and gussets are much easier to see. There is very little about the build that I would change, and that's one of the first times I've been able to say that about a bike! In my opinion everything is just perfect apart from the brake levers (I'd go for all black SS5) and the fact that I'd have to have all the chainrings in black. Just fantastic though mate, keep up the good work!!

I want those forks!! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:45 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
benbonty wrote:
8) Awesome job buddy, I love the job you've done on the OR, its very unusual to see a Bontrager painted too, as you know, when new, they were powder coated quite thickly for durability. I really like the fact that due to the fact that the paint finish is thinner than the usual powder, the quality of the welds and gussets are much easier to see. There is very little about the build that I would change, and that's one of the first times I've been able to say that about a bike! In my opinion everything is just perfect apart from the brake levers (I'd go for all black SS5) and the fact that I'd have to have all the chainrings in black. Just fantastic though mate, keep up the good work!!

I want those forks!! :lol:


Im glad someone Noticed...!!! i have another one in blue with yellow decals that i was lucky enough to buy from a member here for really hard use, this one had been powdered twice in my time, and felt it was about time i built this particular frame with all the bits i had collected, sadly its still not there to be fair, as i am waiting on certain parts to arrive/be avaliable, brakes being the one of the main components.

And i have to agree with the rings whole heartedly.

p.s if a pair of forks come up i will let you know straight away.

cheers for taking the time to post with your thoughts mate, means a lot coming from you bud.

Respect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:53 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 pm
Posts: 2705
Location: nuneaton warks
the bonty looks superb, my 94 racelite is just about done,i will post up a pic when it,s complete.the respray looks great ,mine still has the original black powder,and the build has ended up blacker than johnny cash,s shirt :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:33 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
matthew71 wrote:
the bonty looks superb, my 94 racelite is just about done,i will post up a pic when it,s complete.the respray looks great ,mine still has the original black powder,and the build has ended up blacker than johnny cash,s shirt :D


Cheers mate, When you have built it, feel free to add it, i shall look forward to seeing it.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:14 am 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
..


Attachments:
Built to withstand the Elements..JPG
Built to withstand the Elements..JPG [ 195.11 KiB | Viewed 687 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group