Another early 90's Specialized Hardrock

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Been on the lookout for a basic retro project for the commute for a little while but tiny retroness has proved to be hard to find, certainly at the lower end of the market. Took the train from Newport to Cheltenham yesterday to collect this little Hardrock and felt it would've been rude not to revisit the trails which got me started back in 1992 :D

CleeveHill140412.jpg

CleeveTrigpoint140412.jpg

Spent a couple of nostalgic hours up on the hill before catching the train back home then spent the evening fettling and replacing the seat and bars with something a little older.

TinyHardrockinprogress002150412.jpg

Looking at the Specialized catalogues in the gallery I reckon it's a 1992 - looks pretty similar to Retroman666's lovely 1991 model with the exception of the stem and blackwall Crossroads. Plan on keeping it pretty much original in all its plastic-canti-braked glory (my first bike from back in '91 was equipped with 100GS :cool: ;) :LOL: ) but I love it. I reckon the disc brakes and full-sus on my modern ride have made me soft - sheesh I'm aching today . . . it's good to get back to basics :p

TinyHardrockinprogress001150412.jpg

Now do I utilise the yellow brake cable I have in the tool box or not? ;)

Back