My Bonty

Pondo79

Retro Newbie
Hello, new to this so appologise if I'm posting in the wrong place. I have a Bonty frame which I bought in california in about 1997. I had it for a few years before I sold it to my brother as I was skint.

He's now given it back to me, yeah, but looking through the manuals on RB I cant find or remember exactly what model I have. Its Green with silver and black decals and OR on the top tube. Is this a Race Lite? Cant find another either online or in RB in those exact same colours.

Any help appreciated.

I had a GT Zaskar LE before that about 1993-4 anodised blue which I bought again as a frame and built up. Loved that bike.

Haven't even been on a bike for years but now I have one again feeling returning old urges. [/img] Hopefully pic worked, not all my original choice of parts as stuff like handle bars, crank, forks changed by my brother but still has my chris king headset, USE seatpost and Fir rims...Have now also removed the Rock Shox sticker!

Cheers

Race lite has a milled/relieved headtube.
Colors and of course the replaceable stickers are not a guage to be used.

Sounds like an Off Road, if it has OR on it. Use the search feature on this forum as there is a thread somewhere with a link on it which takes you to a webpage denoting the differences between models and also identifies the difference between pre/post Trek Bonty's.

Thanks Lid it does have a milled head tube, not banking on the colour making it a race lite as I cant find another one the same as this. Will post a URL for pics but need a minimum of 5 posts before it will let me.

Glad to be of help, thumbs up for getting your bike back too looks like it will scrub up real nice. :D

Back