lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Saw this on ebay with a £7.50 buy now. Clicked it then emailed to make sure it wasnt a typo but they were happy to shift it on.

There isnt much info about them online (not really suprising) but i had figured they are obviously a budget bike. the flex comes from the fact they have an unbranded flex stem and they are made from tange tubing.

Collected it last night and it isnt much to look at, plenty of rust and scratches and the wheels dont match. I suspect the seat post will be seized but not tried it yet.

Pleased to see a really good panaracer smoke on the back do I have got my money's worth there at lease.

here's some pics...
23ku8tu.jpg

vq65q0.jpg

not really sure what to do with it yet. definately liberating the rear tyre, giving everything a good clean and polish. Hope to change the chainset as it is really horrible. might single speed it with the stuff off my diamond back beater

comments welcome. hit me with the hate!!

actually.... that's a billy bargain, I'm sure once cleaned up you could sell it on and at least double your initial investment :D

it's worth what you paid for the Smoke tyre alone. If you decide to keep it then singlespeed would be an interesting way to go.

My mate used to have one of these back in the day (1997 or 1998?) we were all so jealous of the flex stem, although not so jealous of the light purple paintwork :D

Off the top of my head I think they were about £300 new, so £7.50 represents a real bargain!

Thanks for the comments guys.

Gave it a clean tonight and discovered it has sliding drop outs so definitely going to single speed it

Back