1995 Kona Cindercone

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
Hello gents.......following my dose of karma....(thanks Lee, hope the wine went down ok!)......here is the bike.....it is completely original apart from tyres and brake blocks, has had a full belt and braces strip down and rebuild, and new cables........

P1020535.jpg

it had its first outing with me earlier to the red lion and i was most impressed.......it is my first kona experience and it rides great!.......

P1020533.jpg

P1020529.jpg

P1020531.jpg

P1020532.jpg

P1020534.jpg

Very neat - and I've just realised its nearly a year since I lifted a leg over a Kona :shock: and that's despite having 2 or 3 ready to ride :oops:

That is in fantastic original condition; first proper MTB I owned so I have a soft spot for it.

I'd forgotten how well that was kitted out for the price (especially when you compare it to later models); XT rear, Logic canti's.

What was the price new?......I agree, the spec is good for a mid range bike, the cantis look great.....

feetabix":267h5sc1 said:
What was the price new?......I agree, the spec is good for a mid range bike, the cantis look great.....

Anthony is the don for that sort of question, but I remember I picked mine up from a branch of Evans somewhere in London (mail order) on sale for £499. I think it was going for about £600 new. To me, these Kona's were higher spec than the latter models. The 96 didn't have XT and nor did the 97 and that reflected in the price drops.

Wow lovely looking kona this one :cool: :cool: :cool: did you get given it ?? :shock: :shock:

Back