Scott unitrack cst

lee25

Devout Dirtbag
Picked this up the other day, has seen better days, the frame is covered with chips the unishocks are seized solid :-( and someone has swapped the wheels for none q/r ones on the plus side it's pretty light and has new tyres and a full deore lx groupset. Just dunno what to do with it. It's currently stripped awaiting my next move!!

cecc95b9.jpg

a512e733.jpg

7a8e795f.jpg

6d75aba2.jpg

0cf63e44.jpg

you could try to source some qr hollow axles, you may need cones and nuts, possible not. its a pretty easy swap to turn the axle nut setup to a qr. give it a new middle and granny ring, chain and cluster. put a flite on it, some spds.

new cables all round, pull the forks apart, regrease, they are springs only, no damping so bounce like mad.

leave the paint, thats a too hard basket thing. perhaps carefully remove the added on stickers, xlite etc etc.

then go hit the dirt like it was 1992!

there ya go, there's a plan for ya!

Overall it's not too bad, Barr the paintwork and screwed forks!!! No luck as yet in separating them.... They are stuck solid!!! Bolts are undone from lower legs and have used enough wd40 but to no avail. Will leave overnight and give em another good whacking 2mo lol

Yeah I did but the problem is the brace is fixed and not removable!! Lower legs just won't shift, may get my engineer mate to take them into his work :)

I'm affraid You could have a problem with servicing this Unishocks... These fork was having very poor seals, and if fork was not regulary servicing, inside could be lot of rust :(
Even if You'll separate lower legs and stanchions, clean and grease everything inside, fork could not work fine....

Maybe easier way will be buying new Unishocks? If You'll search in MTB For Sale You probably could find NOS and qute cheap forks from 91 or 92

ive had exactly the same problem with these forks, i think its down to the fact the bottom out elastomers have melted and become a very stick goo, try leaving them in hot water and see it that eases them.

Back