1991 Cinder Cone

MikeC

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have been toying with the idea of selling this on but after getting to the point of jumping I just can't bring myself to do it. Maybe because I haven't even ridden it yet.

I started MTBing around the time this bike was born and the Cinder Cone was always one of those bikes (alongside the Stumpjumper and top end Saracens) that I could never quite afford but always lusted after.

I rescued this one from a life of living outdoors. She shows signs of abuse (minor spray paint on the front wheel and tyre, small spots of rust etc) and the rear wheel/tyre, seatpost and saddle clearly aren't original but other than that most bits are fairly tidy. There's certainly lots of the original XC Ltd kit on and I kinda like the Brahma bars, which indicate to me that she must have been loved at some point in her life.

Anyway, I hope to put a little bit of effort into bringing her back to a ridable condition and then we are off to my 1991 playground...the mighty Harlton Woods in Cambridgeshire :cool:

(I just hope it's not too big for me :LOL: )

DSCF1335.jpg

Looks like theres plenty of god stuff left on it, suprising what a bit of spit and polish will do. :D

Mark

Very, very nice in black :cool: :cool: :cool:

Just like my red '92 one - down to original suntour kit and brama bars - yes I like them too :D

What size is that one

MikeD":lutyinki said:
The bars are hideous :) Apart from those and the seat, looks pretty tidy :)

Yeah dont like the bars, you are right though, someone must have loved the bike at one stage for them to be on there. I'd ditch the sofa as well, clear up the rust and ride away, looks like it'll be a great rider after that.

Latest posts

Back