Trimble

Love it ... always really appreciated Trimble's, and used to delight in that MBUK feature on Greg Herbolds DH bike , with Rockshoz , photo type OnZa Barents etc. colourful customised and very coo

One of our riding group briefly had Trimble, (until sadly stolen) , amazing bike. Guess I'd quit like to find one myself some day.

Thanks for sharing the inspired build.

Re:

BoyBurning":1mtzhsob said:
Also considering cutting the rear end off, and fillet brazing a C26 rear triangle to the main frame.

I’ve got a bangin’ blow torch and some flux so should be doable I reckon?

Do it...why wait? I guess it would therefore be a T-26 then once finished :?:

That aside, I flipping love this. White Porcs would be the icing on the cake...

Re:

Aw, thanks guys. :)

My most intensive / involved builds over the years have been Herbold inspired Miyatas, so I thought it'd be fun to make use of some left over decals during work breaks of recent.

I'd been planning this build in a way for about 15 years. I knew that when one day I got a Trimble it was always going to have reverse mounted brakes on the RS forks and a set of Maguras - completely and utterly inspired by Deb's old Formula One bikes. The frame has always been crying out for it I thought, given the headtube / down tube sizing and clearance. Using an original RS-1 crown with later Mag series legs was just a little nod to the proto nature of Herbold's builds, and adds a little more 'it could have been Greg's' sort of thing.

One day I'd love to have the original inspiration, but they're a bit thin on the ground, so a Trimble will have to do as substitute is how I saw it...

I thought long and hard about white porcs, and agree they would be ace. But, the plan is to mount the child seat on this and use it as a regular family bike which I can remove the seat for a short blast on as and when. Hence the cheapo modern rubber, rather than watching a months mortgage go down the tarmac as soon as I hit the road!

I've deliberately left the whole thing pretty rough and loose so I actually ride the bloody thing. Longer term it needs a full strip and respray, so I though until that time comes I'll leave it looking 'not the best' so I can actually just ride it and not worry about chips and general wear and tear. It's actual a really liberating feeling, and the first time I've taken such laissez-faire approach to a build. I think it's going to be my new approach to be honest - build them, ride them, fuxx if they're not as perfect as they could be with another 5 years of collecting parts, polishing, perfecting, filling up rooms of shit for future builds, yawning, etc...

Re:

These are my normal Herbold inspired builds - explains why I have a lot of redundant decals...

:facepalm:

Attachments

• Some Miyatas.jpg
    Some Miyatas.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 107
Re:

Very niiiiice.

I have a soft spot for Trimble's ever since meeting Tony and his at the time **cough** some 13? years ago **cough**

What is the back story with the reverse arch RS - I've not seen that before.

I presume the crown is rotated to still face forward?

Re: Re:

letmetalktomark":2og34j1x said:
Very niiiiice.

I have a soft spot for Trimble's ever since meeting Tony and his at the time **cough** some 13? years ago **cough**

Nice to be remembered. :D Thanks. I remember that meeting. Really cheered me up now. After a F**king S**ty day. Not buying from Amazon again :twisted: :twisted:

Not in London any more. If ever i'll send a PM. Let know if your in Berkshire. Great off road riding. :cool: :cool:

Back