British Steel

Re:

mynchiboy":2n7bgzra said:
From memory I think Roberts also built a similar 26" messenger bike, can't recall the model though.

Just thought I would pop this here, Roberts Cobra!

Best I could do as I dont have a scanner at the moment, pictures are really that terrible in the mag too.

enjoy

gyiZxgVh.jpg

AdyAEP1h.jpg

NKB5wiAh.jpg

:cool: great article, like the fact he is wearing leather jacket and shades :cool:

sinnerman":2ziifwcs said:
Rod_Saetan":2ziifwcs said:
And this bad-mother:

Roberts-Cycles-advert-MTB-Pro-95.jpeg

What a great picture that is.

Who would have thought that formula fork would have looked as, at home on that frame as it does.

Some choice parts making up what i would imagine to be a very light bike...!

That bike was Adam at Roberts personal bike if I am not mistaken. Think he said it was around 18lbs although I never saw it weighed to verify but no reason to doubt although that is pretty damn light. It got nicked when Roberts was ram raided many years ago. As for the F1 forks my mate still has a pair of those on his Dogs Bolox although his have the Magura specific fittings on the back of the legs. Can remember going to F1 with him when the steerer came loose and they fixed them for him. They were working on McLaren F1's in Harrods livery. Might have been for LeMans not sure now. I remember the guy telling me a pair of carbon brake discs for the McLaren was about 10 grand.

I've got a DB myself now but probably just going to stick to Pace or RS Mag forks as I really don't fancy my chances of finding an F1. Although that said when I worked in Byfleet about 12 years ago there was an older guy I use to see comuniting on a F1 hardtail everyday. Wish I had enquired now if he wanted to sell it.

Back