Beginners guide to Hope hydraulic brakes

TheEasyLife

Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
Morning,

Is there a beginners/idiots guide to 90's Hope brakes? I've got some 95 Judy forks with an aftermarket disc brake adapter on them and a front wheel with a Hope hub that has the bits for a disc that are planned for a future build and it seemed to be a good idea to have a mid 90's spec Hope brakes on this build.

The bits I dont understand are which disc do I need, which rotor do I need, and probably which adapter do I need to fit the caliper to the adapter on my forks. I've seen lot of different numbered rotors and sizes of discs whilst doing basic research and don't know the difference as to which one I need.. I;ve seen the timeline thread with pics of various ones but that doesn;t say what you need if converting a bike to Hope brakes.

Can anyone point me in the right direction if this has been asked before or advise?

Thanks

James

caliper and rotor size compatability charts are available on the Hope website, as are service sheets for the brakes themselves etc.

Hi James, disc and rotor are the same thing. The fork mount you have might determine which caliper you need.
Do you have pictures of what you've got?
Where in the midlands are you? I've a few bits that might be useful, if you're local enough I'd be happy to have a look at what you need.

Re:

The Hope brakes that require use of shims to centre the caliper will make you want to take off and nuke the bike from orbit.

Back