American Breezer 1987 #0003

Thanks guys! It works only because of the best friends i have - only then! the team of classic and oldschool 'freaks' makes this possible ;)

Thanks to all these good guys out there - Lars, Boris, Marco, Malte, Andreas and others of the MTB-classic crew

Because I need a set for a frame also. Well played! That looks fantastic!

Yes first versions riveted, then braze ons, then welded.

I have at least one of each.

More fantastic work Norman. Can't wait to see the end result :)

So, finally it needs an update here ;)

But at first thanks a lot for your nice feedbacks !

Most of you knows that i finished it at march to show it at the bicycle fair here in Berlin.

And now the final restoring and roll out

after the cable stops reproduction - ready for the cable routing

for the old diameter of 6mm brake cable housing in the middle and the 5mm shift cable housing

The single cable stop for the rear mech

I think i'll change the screws in the next time - this one aren't hexa system and the head is a way too big but at first is it ok.

The last step was to mount the chain - here i get a perfect matching DID Lanner from Andreas(felixdelrio) - thanks a lot again :)

and the result at the bicycle show 'Berliner Fahrradschau'

But now outside for a rollout and a fotoshooting for the german Cycle magazine which comes out in September with an article about the Mountainbike-History

The way how it drives is really special - you feel that a part of a Klunker is inside! I think there will be a lot of nice rides :D

cheers Norman

Amazing restoration on that Breezer!

Funny that you are running American Classic quick releases on it. I was talking with Joe Breeze a few years back while on a vintage group ride and the subject of those quick releases came up (I was running one on my Phoenix). He said it was a poor design in terms of comfort. I'm paraphrasing, but he said they might as well have used a bent nail for the lever. His delivery was pretty humorous.

While I think they're a great choice for the bike, I would have done the same...but funny to see them on a Breezer while Joe dislikes that QR.

Thanks Eric for your feedback here - thought already that my thread was so quickly cut off after the finish !?

That's really a funny story - it's like me, years ago i doesn't like them so much, because what Joe said - the terms of comfort, but now i prefer more the 'pooristic' design and they are matching perfectly to the Koski dropouts - pc & optical, not so much functional! I can't trust them so much like the powerful XT or Ringle skewer.

Back