Jumble Cottingham Hull March 17th 2019

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
Hope this is of interest to those in the area. I will be there with my assorted bits and pieces along with a mate of mine who has cleared out his bike 'shed' housing 50+ years of accumulated items including hard to find small parts of Campag, TA, etc., none of which have been jumbled before!

See you there!

Attachments

• Hull Jumble Mar19.A.jpg
    Hull Jumble Mar19.A.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 2,240
Oh at last, a jumble near(ish) on a weekend she hasn’t organised somit.... (touch wood)

Been to my mate Pete's this morning to help him sort his 'stuff'. Some interesting items there which, as he hasn't 'jumbled' before are 'new to market. Organiser tells me he's got a full house.

Great little bike jumble, very happy and welcoming bunch those Cottingham ‘Lads’
Lots on offer for all tastes, me and Jim had a look at the shiny nice stuff that had an extra £50 added on because it ‘had a wesh’ and then got digging...and I’m proper pleased with myself for matching up an (almost) set of ‘990’ Campagnolo early 80’s front & a '980' rear from either end of the hall (the rear mech I stole for £3!)
And a simple but pretty (I think) early 70’s 2250 Velox as well. :cool:

Well done the organisers, we’ll be back next time..

Attachments

• 1D0F35AF-5E88-4C25-AB15-E8E99CDD6FBF.jpeg
    1D0F35AF-5E88-4C25-AB15-E8E99CDD6FBF.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 1,938
It was busy when I was there, I think I got about the only few MTB parts going. There was a nice set of new Diacompe PC7 for £5 but I didn't know what I would put them on.
I'll have a need next week I bet.

The big stall at the far end was the York Rally* stall, so all donated iirc and nice people too.

Not been in that hall before, given that I don't live far away and spend time in Cottingham, but compact but made a nice atmosphere.

* http://yorkrally.org/
22nd - 23rd June 2019

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-03-17 at 11.05.44 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-03-17 at 11.05.44 AM.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,935
Don't recognise anything of mine there..................... ;) :)

But never mind, there's always next time - which is October I believe. I did reasonably well so can't complain to much. Sold some items that have been hanging around for while and getting in the way!

Could do with moving a lot more though ;)

Old Ned":25mrzd6y said:
Don't recognise anything of mine there..................... ;) :)

But never mind, there's always next time - which is October I believe. I did reasonably well so can't complain to much. Sold some items that have been hanging around for while and getting in the way!

Could do with moving a lot more though ;)

Ned, can you post on here date and time please, oh and an ‘Old Ned’ name badge so we can say hello. ;)

You need to speak to Pete Dunn about dates etc. Nowt to do with me, I just book a table and turn up on the day.

Don't need a name badge, just look out for the handsome, debonnaire bloke with a devil-may-care attitude who looks windswept and interesting.

Or not.

Re:

Or the dodgy bloke selling old tat

That'll narrow it down for you
;-)

I was wearing a red jumper with a bright red jacket, being pushed dodgy... I mean quality goods by a bloke near the door on the way to the cake.

Back