Carbon fibre road bike ?Alan, ?Donnay, ?British Eagle 1990

Helen.S.

Dirt Disciple
For sale: 1990 Carbon fibre road bike. No logos or engraving evident. ? Alan, ?Donnay, ?British Eagle.
50 x 52 frame
Shimano 105SC group set
Shimano Dura-Ace 7400 handle bar stem and seat post
Mavic MA40 wheel rims (clinchers)
DT stainless steel spokes (36)
Vetta gel saddle
All original, great condition, original brake blocks, everything spins smoothly etc

Looking to sell as a whole as this is my husbands bike (who has died) and I not really in a position to be breaking down into parts. I know very little about bikes but I will try to help if people have questions/ need more pics etc. I have sought advice and I believe the info I have provided is accurate.

£400.
Collection from sheffield or contact me to discuss postage .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 2,868
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 2,867
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 2,867
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 2,867
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 2,867
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 2,867
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 2,867
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 2,867
Re:

just a bit of digging and looks like a british eagle pro carbon but with more carbon :) by that i mean the head tube on some pro carbon`s are not carbon they are ali, the rear triangle also on some is ali. really nice bike you have there. shame iam not in the market or i would have it.

quite possibly an alan. I have something very similar but with different decals.

lovely bike, and i say that as I'm very biased. good luck.

i think alan made it , whats the underside of the BB look like ? (one attached)

Attachments

• alan bb shell.JPG
    alan bb shell.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,494
Thanks. There has been quite a bit of speculation about what it is. I'm glad you think it's a nice bike, I know my hubby thought so when he bought it in approx 1990. X

After some faffing about over the summer, then other things taking priory for me, I did not get chance to sell this.... So just to advise anyone interested that it is still for sale and I am open to reasonable offers. You might want to read back on the post for further info. Thanks :)

Back