Wanted 29er SS frame....

flash

Retrobike Rider
I have a HUGE birthday coming up, so thought before I looked at new options I'd see if anyone had anything REALLY interesting for sale. 29er, SS specific, 16"- 18" seat tube, ideally just a frame but happy to consider frame and forks....ta

Hello ,

I might have something that meets your requirements...sounds like your size, but would would need a visit to Enigma cycles for a repair...so maybe too wierd & wonderful?...

I can post some images and further details when at my laptop later.

Meantime here are some clues as to the frames identity...
no. 15 of a very ltd. edition of 32.
titanium
made in boston area...

Actually I think I know what you have, but if I'm right it's not a singlespeed frame which is what I'm after...

Re: IF / Phil Woods "Piss Off" 15/32 £529

Hello ,

Here are the details and some images, it is ultra rare, and titanium and definitively a singlespeed...even having a "sweary" singlespeed name!

But as I said already, needs a visit to Enigma cycles for welding repair (again :cry: :| )

This puts it more in the 'collectors item' / restoration project category...so perhaps not quite what your interested in?... It is lovely though, and converted me to riding 29" so it work is done.
The images below hopefully illustrate most aspects , and a link to a Flickr album with many more: especially of the area requiring repair.

Of course if you wish to see something in more detail or have further questions, I will do my best to help out.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskXQAbww

Titanium Phil Woods "Piss Off" no. 15/32 , made by Independent Fabrication to commemorate 32 years of Phil Woods making components.

Seattube approx 16" C-C (approx centre of EBB shell) , 18" C-T
Seatpost size: 27.2mm diameter
Toptube 23" C-C
Headtube 4" ,
Headset = 1 1/8" diameter
EBB unit: Phil Woods (not illustrated)

£529 + whatever shipping suits.

P8263302 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P8263305 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P8263272 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P8263295 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P8263278 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P8263289 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P8263275 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P4144238 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_dad by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

I didn't expect that....nice. Have you run the repair past Enigma? This is a little outside my area of expertise.
Can you PM me and I'll confirm my email address. I'm certainly interested in hearing more......

flash":xttw3ylk said:
I didn't expect that....nice. Have you run the repair past Enigma? This is a little outside my area of expertise.
Can you PM me and I'll confirm my email address. I'm certainly interested in hearing more......

I

OK I'll send a PM, and then when have your email address can share the email correspondence I have had with Enigma , about repairing so you can judge for yourself...

Back