Surly fork brake boss blanking bolts

MikeyS

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,

I'm looking for some blanking bolts for the v-brake mounts on my Surly forks. From some internet searching it looks like these aren't standard threads and what I need is some 10mm bolts with 1mm pitch. But this knowledge isn't helping me find any as all the standard ones appear to be 1.25mm pitch. Does anyone have anything or know where I might find something suitable?

Cheers,

Mikey

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I searched for ages and couldn't find anything suitable for my Karate Monkey. In the end I just got standard pitch alloy ones and put them in. Obviously you are effectively cross threading the blanking plugs but as they are alloy they will take the damage rather than the steel bosses on the frame. Works well enough considering what it is, i.e. just a bit of tarting up! :LOL:

Re:

Thanks for the advice chaps. I was thinking about getting a pair of plastic ones which would make cross threading pretty easy but would look pretty cheap. I do quite like the industrial look of those hydraulic ones!

Back