59-62cm Alan Super Record frame/bike

Ndeipi

Dirt Disciple
I'm after this chap but in giraffe-size:

full.jpg

Note the smooth transition of the seat stays into the seat-cluster.

And if anyone has one in the gold finish, I would be most pleased!

6797922606_e5de6df141.jpg

Hi ND :) Can't help with the Alan yet, but I'll use my resources for you :) Still got those wheels here if you're interested ? Just took delivery today (finally) of my new replacement TQB's in blue/grey instead of the brilliant blue. I think I wet myself when the parcel finally arrived, 10 times better in the flesh than any pic can show, an almost graphite bluey grey, quite stunning. Just need 32h hubs now to build them. Used those Chorus Off Road on a set of CXP12's I had (mind blowingly smooth).

Best of luck in your hunt anyways, and if I find ought I'll get back to you, yours Laz.

Edit: Like this 1 ? This is a 58cm, any good to you ? Laz

Attachments

• Alan Frame.jpg
    Alan Frame.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,599
Hi Laz! You sound much chirpier, looks like you've recovered. If you have I'm glad! Also, if you take any pictures of your new TBQs then do let me see them. I can imagine the Chorus/CXP12 build looks great, and they must be bombproof too with the deep rims and sturdy hubs. Good wheels for bad UK roads.

That frame is tantalisingly close but probably 2cm+ too small and it's also the wrong model, "Competition" rather than "Super Record". There's a big difference in stiffness, as Super Record uses beefier tubes. You can tell the difference by looking at the way the seatstays join the seat cluster in the two models

I've actually had so many changes to projects that I no longer require those wheels. All is still to play for, but it's unlikely I'll need them. If you fancy selling them on RetroBike I say go for it.

Michael.

Thanks Michael, "still fluffy round the edges but getting there" :) No probs with the wheels, you sound like me, "a kid in a sweet shop that stocks all my favourites and I simply can't choose LOL" It's hard to believe that 3 years ago I went on ebay for a single brake nut for my rusted Chorus. Now 3 years later and a few grand on, I own so many bikes, and still spend most of my time regretting those I never bought. At least a dozen have slipped through my fingers, namely an Oval Colnago, Campag SR throughout, £280.

On another note, the CXP12's are to be highly recommended buddy, just check out ebay to see the condition of those that do come up for grabs after a long life on the roads. They certainly seem to hold their own, and are super smooth to ride IMHO. I'll post you back in 10 years to tell you if they match up to my 27year old SR hubbed MA40's.

I'm a wiser man now for your info re: the Alan, thanks. I found that chap on ebay and kept stumm incase you fancied a crack at it. You know me buddy, "I'll help anyone if I can". Best of luck with this Alan project it sounds good. I've wanted an Alan for a long time, but missed 1 just a week back for £82 complete (gutted ... very). Just forgot to chase it home, then bamm, its gone, just like a Super Record headset I've been watching for a week that just also slipped by me for a gut wrenching £8 to my door from France. I still feel sick :cry:

Later Michael, and I'm always around if you think I can help out with anything, yours Laz.

Back