What bike floor stands do you use for your 29er

kalex

Retro Guru
What make and model floor stand do you use for your 29er.

All my previous bikes have been 26" and this is my 1st 29er. I've heard that the rotor can come into contact with some std stands.

I did see someone recommend a willworx superstand, but one seller says it'll only fit up to 28" tyres.

yeah yo uread it wrong, the 26 hit the disc (as I don't think these were designed with discs in mind (ie 10 years or more ago) and he had problems fitting the 29er tyre in the thing... also why does he keep putting them in front first?

Re:

i did see the front wheel in.

i have got one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustable-Bi ... Swo0JWHcGf

but i had a slow puncture that i didn't know about and the next time i went in to my garage my mtb was on the floor. there good if the tyres a ok but once it lost air it just came out of the stand

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ollie":2mau5hof said:
If you have Hollotech 2 I'd recommend the AndyStand.

I never even thought about that type of stand although I have seen them. I was just transfixed on a rear wheel stand. I would like one but £40 seems alot especially when I've just bought one of these for my husqvarna.

http://www.ghostbikes.com/5069-black-pr ... and-(b5069).html

It makes you wonder if like other hobbies they know people way pay more as there's less that goes in to the cycle stand but costs a lot more.

I know this has money off but I also bought a similar one a few years ago for the same price with free p& p

They are on the prices side but are extremely useful for trail centres where they can be folded up and take up hardly any space.

Ollie":8bnieb1w said:
They are on the prices side but are extremely useful for trail centres where they can be folded up and take up hardly any space.

I do like them and will definitely look into it as an option

Back