Pretend I'm really rich....

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
....and could honestly afford a new bike :shock:

Convince me 29" is the way to go. Or a fat bike. Or a single speed. Or fully rigid. Or full sus.

For info: I'm 5'6", pretty lightweight (10st-ish....), like pootling and fire roads and sometimes a bit of mud, but I'm about as 'hard core' as Dot Cotton. And there's not such a yawning age gap between me and her any more.... :facepalm:

If this sounds like a dating site ad that wasn't my intention. 36-29-38.... 0898 240...... :LOL:

Kaz

Re:

For pootling along and exploring bridleways etc think they are hard to beat. Cover miles easy.

If you are riding bridleways and the like, you dont really need suspension. Yes it makes it more comfy in places but a big 29er tyre can give some cushioning. Aĺl you need

And singlespeed is just fun. I didnt get it before but like rigid forks it is fun and simple. If like me you have a route or three you do a lot then you have to think a bit more on a ss to consider how you will ride it. And if you usually ride for an hour of so at a time then ss wont make much difference to your times. You soon get up hills that you thought impossible on a ss.

No idea on fat bikes but the new 650b + that fits some 29er frames look fun. Would recommend if you have road sections though. Drag I expect

If I was you it would be a 650b+ I'd be going for. I think you are a bit too short for a 29er otherwise I would say 29+, but at 5'6" b+ will fit better. As you are a lightweight there is less benefit to going full fat for trail use.
If you can cope with singlespeed and fully rigid then I'd go for that too, but I am a bit of a Luddite in that sense. The less complications the easier the bike is to maintain which means you can spend more time riding it. :D

Genesis have a 650b+ coming out in the new year which I reckon will be pretty good. Loads of other options too including a faux retro Marin which is pretty cheap. :LOL:

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/mou ... /longitude

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/mar ... 9675-p.asp

Get something made to fit you. It's the way to go. And not as expensive as you might think. And unique.

The History Man":2pgeyn6d said:
Get something made to fit you. It's the way to go. And not as expensive as you might think. And unique.

True and I would usually agree.. but not the best option if you dont know 100% what you want as appears here

Back