Dropper seatpost question. Rock shox reverb.

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm looking into buying a dropper seat post for my medium 2011 yeti 575, the one I'm looking at is the rock shox reverb, there are two lengths one length is 380mm and the other is 420mm. Does it make a difference which length post I should buy? Cheers Rob

Re:

It's just about the length of post you need to get the correct hight really. measure your current post and see how long you need it to be.

Well my current post is a 410mm Thompson but I'm a short arse 5ft9 and have just over 7 inch of post out of the frame.. I was thinking of just going with the 420mm reverb and trim it if needs be?

You can't trim it, the internal parts fill the post. If you have 7 inches of visible post it will allow you to use either length.
In my Commencal I have approx 8inch of extended seatpost. This allowed to to buy a 150mm travel dropper which required a 420mm post to accomodate the travel.
So when I have to post in its low "dropped position" it's about 2inches high.

I think the diameter of the post also determines the reverb travel as they only do 150mm in the 31.6 if I remember correctly.

Ahh of course- I wasn't thinking- about the internals! Haha. It's a 30.9 at 125mm travel. I might go with the 420mm just so there's enough post in the frame too.

trxrincon":dmof9qb0 said:
Well my current post is a 410mm Thompson but I'm a short arse 5ft9 and have just over 7 inch of post out of the frame.. I was thinking of just going with the 420mm reverb and trim it if needs be?

7" of post which in new money is 177.8mm, now if the reverb has a 125mm drop and the collar is about 25mm and the rail clamp is about 25mm....you are very very close to running the post at its lowest height. I'd double check your measurements. No reason to buy the longer one especially as it might foul on bottle bosses or seat tube curve. Your Thomson is 410 I take it it isn't hitting anything?

Thanks for the reply, yeah I'm going to double check the length before I go for one. Running the post at the lowest height, how do you mean? Will it still work? No, the 410mm post is fine.

Re:

rockshox-reverb.jpg

Sorry for the big pic, by the lowest height I mean that if you take into consideration the collar (the silver bit, this won't fit in your frame) the shaft that drops (which is 125mm) and the saddle clamp assembly you are very close to your 7" of post thats showing just now. I've actually just measured mine, you need 190mm from the saddle rails to the top of your seat tube other wise you won't get your seat low enough. Maybe look around for droppers with 100mm drop?

Ah, got you. Like I say I'll have another measure up and see how it goes. Well I was really wanting to stick with the idea of a reverb just for reliability really. If/when I take the plunge I might buy one from a local shop, basically so it's easier to take back if needs be.

Back