Specialized FSR questions

DMC3000

Old School Hero
I've always liked the look of the old FSRs but worry about buying one and being stuck with wobbly linkages...are the bearings/bushings easy to replace on these and is it a costly job?

Thanks

the long short of it is the bearings are a doddle to replace.
the bushing - not easy. need to be hardened steel bushes which is an expensive material to get hold of/machine.
so i ended up getting the needle bearing kits from BETD for the top of seat stay and the shock linkage purely for the bushes.
the main pivot and 'a' links [next to the rear dropouts] ive used SKF sealed bearings. there isnt any play in it (only a very small slightly noticeable 'knock' noise when i grab the rear triangle and move it side to side) but on a 16yr old frame isnt bad i guess and i just dont care anymore. ill ride it till the seat stay cracks at the main pivot :p

Sorry buddy, I will dig the invoice up tomorrow and share the company name, I think I googled the part number and it took me there

Can I suggest to the mods that this thread be merged with twain's existing and most excellent FSR bearing upgrade thread?

Back