Hayes Nine hose help

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok so I have a bike I need to sell but it needs a new rear hose. The brakes are as mentioned above but I'm struggling to find anything.

Does anyone have any advice on what to look for? When I simply Google it I don't seem to be able to find any to buy. Am I typing in the wrong thing or is there a product made by someone else I should get?

Thanks

Certainly the hose fittings for magura are interchageable. Ironicaly I needed a fix for my Maguras and had a spare Hayes lying around.

Alternatively look at the clarkes kits on ebay

Re:

depending on budget jejames have hel braided hoses cheap i used them on hayes 9s and hope m4s they do a good job

Re:

still struggling a bit with this guys, can't actually find any info on what Clarks model is the right one, or if I can make up myu own with bits. Assumed that as with 101% of all my other research on all things retro (and modern) that clever use of Google would turn something up, but nope.

So if anyone can tell me a model number or something that I can search on for either a Hayes hose kit, Magura hose kit if it's the same or Hope etc, or even Clarks etc, and if not what about the bits to make up a new hose section?

Someone out there please help me out, it's very frustrating

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

so I looked at the bike again the other day and realised I had it the wrong way round, the hose had broken or come away at the lever end, and once shortened would still be an acceptable length; this it would seem is the only end where you can just get replacement parts and reconnect the hose to the lever, phew. I am releived as to be honest I really don't think it would have been worth the money for a new hose especially as I don't even know if the rest of it is ok yet.

If you do have any od the olives/can't remember the name of the other bit, barb? then do please let me know as the cheaper the better in case after all the brakes are no good anyway

Latest posts

Back