On no!

I've so far managed to avoid this, utilising the logic that it's cheaper to lose the wieght from my gut than to replace minuscule bits of my bike with exotic metals.

Sadly, I don't know how long my resistance can last, and Ti Bolts is inevitably a gateway drug to harder stuff, like Ti seatposts, and bars, and bottle cages, and cranks, and pedals, and frames, and, oh shit... :facepalm:

I completely understand that logic GSB, and quite frankly, a month on Atkins would do me good (although Atkins and vegetarianism is quite a task)
BUT....how many times on a virgin ride with a new build with your mates have they picked you up and said...'feck me, you're lighter than I expected!'

The main reason why I use mostly Ti bolts is to avoid corrosion. I hate rusty bolts! I know stainless will be cheaper but you might as well go titanium if the application allows.
I usually buy them in bulk (50 plus pcs.) form China. Way cheaper than buying the exorbitantly priced kits that have 4 bolts or so in them (and those are most likely sourced from China as well).

Harryburgundy":2t020kek said:
I'm with you...hate rusty bolts...couldn't give a tinker's cuss about the weight ;-)

My reason too for recently replacing quite a few bolts! That and hopefully a bit harder wearing and less likely to round an allen head off!

Back