Everybody's gotta learn sometime....some bikes I built....

mullinino

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hey good people,thought I'd finally share what I've been up to for the past year or so.Saw Maksters post today and thought what the hell,I'll post mine up too....don't be too cruel,I'm sensitive :oops:

Attachments

• whoa-oh-whoa-oh,cam o flage....jpg
    whoa-oh-whoa-oh,cam o flage....jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 875
  • Coastroad Custom Columbus steel 29er.jpg
    Coastroad Custom Columbus steel 29er.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 875
Re:

Nice work! Let's see some more pics

Re:

Thanks,lads....much appreciated! There are a few more pics through the link in my signature,as you can tell I'm making a go of it...what the hell,why not? After 20 years of studying/riding a lot of high-end respected makers bikes I've come to the maybe obvious conclusion that,without naming names,SOME of their work leaves more than a lot to be desired,but instead of bitching about it (oops,think I just did!) I've put my money where my mouth is and am going to see if I can do any better myself.The feedback I'm getting already is more than justifying the investment and (enjoyably) 'hard' work....and it is Cliche-land but any one of ye could do this,it aint rocket-surgery/brain-science.

Woz,the drop-bar bike in the pics was made from butted steel from Nova in the states,after being hit hard by customs I talked to Peter at Ceeway in England who sorted me out with some Columbus tubing for the yellow bike-much preferred working with it so everythings Columbus built now...the grey one was designed to be a fast light on/off road touring bike,those are the same 29" wheels pictured as are on the yellow one and it can take 2.2 tyres-I built the lightweight fork too.Takes front/rear racks etc and all cables are kept low to allow for chainstay-mounted discs which makes rear rack and main triangle frame bags easier to fit,the exposed cables on the downtube are now covered to keep our lovely rain out....

big ta's again for all the interest,P.

Re:

Good on you mate. Liking the rear drop outs and the interesting seat stay design

Re:

Wow!
Great work. I'd love to see lots more pics of these please.
Pete is a legend isn't he :cool:

Back